Anyone with Complex Chiari (type 1.5) get a second surgery?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have most of my symptoms I had before surgery, with only a few of the actually less troublesome ones beings fixed. After surgery I have new neck pain and had CCI, which got mostly better after PT. That caused new problems with vision and a “bobble head” for a while.

My surgeon initially said there was about a 20% possibility I would need a second surgery.

I also have basilar invagination and a retroflexed ondontoid. So the next surgery would involve a spinal fusion where they put pins in the spine and fuse them into the skull. I’d lose 40% or so mobility in turning my head.

Anyone go through this type of surgery? I actually thought my first decompression (C1 laminectomy, craniectomy, duraplasty) was incredibly smooth, not painful, and easy to recover from. ACL/meniscus surgery was more painful. I am far outside the norm there and the doctor said he had never seen a patient like me, so I’m lucky there. So anyone have experience with a second surgery like this?

Also, anyone else have a yellow skull? Apparently I do, and the doc said he had never seen that.

I’m a weirdo it seems haha. Would love to hear about experiences from anyone else, especially about the spinal fusion part. Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

have most of my symptoms I had before surgery, with only a few of the actually less troublesome ones beings fixed. After surgery I have new neck pain and had CCI, which got mostly better after PT. That caused new problems with vision and a “bobble head” for a while. https://pnrstatus.vip/

My surgeon initially said there was about a 20% possibility I would need a second surgery.

I also have basilar invagination and a retroflexed ondontoid. So the next surgery would involve a spinal fusion where they put pins in the spine and fuse them into the skull. I’d lose 40% or so mobility in turning my head.

Anyone go through this type of surgery? I actually thought my first decompression (C1 laminectomy, craniectomy, duraplasty) was incredibly smooth, not painful, and easy to recover from. ACL/meniscus surgery was more painful. I am far outside the norm there and the doctor said he had never seen a patient like me, so I’m lucky there. So anyone have experience with a second surgery like this? https://sarkariresult.onl/

issue solved!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.