Anyone with CRPS of the bladder?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Mine started in my right ankle after surgery in late Feb of this year and slowly made it's way up the leg. I have some swelling now on the other leg with some of that funny discoloration but no pain so I wasn't thinking that my CRPS was really spreading. However, my old bladder issues are suddenly coming back to life. A year ago I had to undergo 6 months of pelvic floor physical therapy to get rid of massive pelvic floor muscular over-tension. Those muscles had themselves so worked up into a state of constant tension that my whole abdomen felt like it was on fire all day long. It was awful. They told me at the time that is happens to chronic pain patients, those type of semi-involuntary muscles just stress out when your body is subjected to constant pain and stress. I am now thinking it was CRPS starting up. In any case, I am feeling it again and am petrified of having to go through all that again. Has anyone here been diagnosed with bonafide CRPS of the bladder or just the abdomen?  What does that feel like?  I am hopeful that the intrathecal pain pump will alleviate this pain too, but just in case, I have started the ball rolling to get an appointment at the pelvic floor PT place. sad

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.