Skip to content

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • What should I do dont know about surgery

Hi all I have had this nerve condition for 18 years and its affected my back, legs, feet, and ankles. I have been thru so many surgeries and I have had 3 or 4 neurostimulator implants put in. The last implant I had put in was from nevro and it's the one to where u can drive with it on there is...

Last reply
  • If only

Can't sleep, can't sit. Suffering in miserable excruciating pain. I am burning up alive. Migraine type headache as well. Can't have covers on me above my waist. Shivering as well. I'm at the end of my rope. Lidocaine patches taped onto my face. Covered in them. No relief. This is why...

Last reply
  • I wish I knew where to start

My story is unbelievable. My suffering is 24hrs a day. More than just RSD. I CANNOT TAKE THIS ANYMORE. I have no life at all. I'll be a 51yr old male in June. My family suffers as well seeing all of this happening to me. This is my 1st time ever joining a group of sufferers from RSD. Mine is very...

Last reply
  • Massage

I tried light massage yesterday evening. Painful. 2:45am up again but did get 5hrs sleep on the couch again. Just hanging on. The burn is bad. Made sure my neck and ears weren'touched during massage. Expensive. Trying anything. At this time it makes 2 yrs since my life changing fall that started...

Last reply
  • Barely hanging on

I want to give up so bad but I can't. I'm only living for my family these days and not for myself. This is so cruel. Ther nothing on this earth as painful as what I'm going through. I'm in my garage just to give my wife some space from me because I look so terribly ba. I just want to...

Last reply
  • Reply to my 2 followers

Just woke up after I realized I only got 3 hrs sleep not 4. Excruciating occipital headache. It's time to tell my story. Will do it soon. I'm so exhausted. Yes, I have lidocaine cream 4% an 5%. I have 5% lidocaine patches as well. Everyday I scrape the patches with my fingernail with 4% lidocaine...

Last reply
  • CRPS family support

I'm not sure my spouse will ever habe the slightest clue of the amount of pain I'm in. Even after it is explained by the doctor that diagnosed me I still don't think he has a clue. Can anybody relate? I also have a problem with my sciatica on my left side which is pretty much where all my...

Last reply
  • Doctor

If there are any neurologist or pain docs with some suggestions I sure would appreciate it.

Posted
  • Crps full body and head /face /mouth

Hello all. I have crps 18 months. It started in my left ankle after a sprain.  Within a few months I was diabogosies and worked hard to get off crutches.  To this day I still don’t use them.  12 months into it things starting going wrong. It spread to all limbs neck back hips....  ...

Last reply
  • Experiencing deep pain in my shoulder joint.

Hi I want to know if anyone that has CRPS in the wrist has had pain deep in the shoulder joint. The pain is so bad I cannot raise my arm up very far or it really is very painful. Also I am having muscel spasms in my forarm. If you do what can you recommend I do for it? I am in occupational therapy...

Last reply
  • Does pain come and go?

I fractured my fibula back in December, and developed CRPS.  What an absolute nightmare.  There has been some sort of pain somewhere in my lower right leg anywhere from the knee down for over 2 months as well as a constant burning pain at the ankle.  Lots of electric shocks, shooting pain,...

Last reply
  • I'm terrified of future surgeries spreading CRPS

I am new to this message board and would like some feedback regarding surgeries and the spread CRPS. In May of 2014 I had surgery to correct a hammer toe, and two claw toes, along with removing a neuroma nerve on my right foot. Everything went great and I was out walking every morning for the first...

Last reply
  • Is it really crps?

I sprained my ankle in September and in December it was determined that I tore two ligament requiring surgery to repair. I am 7 weeks post surgery. First 3 weeks were non weight bearing followed by 3 weeks in walking boot. When I was in the splint I noticed sensitivity to my toes and leg (only areas...

Last reply
  • CRPS without pain?

I had wrist surgery six months ago and almost immediately develop CRPS symptoms. I had abnormal swelling, abnormal sweating in the affected wrist,  abnormal hand color and stiffness.  My doctor diagnosed my condition as CR PS. I have lost the swelling but the other symptoms prevail. I...

Last reply
  • What have you tried for CRPS?

Hey everyone,   I have CRPS for 2 years and it has recently escalated from my left foot/ankle/leg to the entire right side of my body hip/back/shoulder/arm/wrist/hand.  I have been seeing a Pain Management Doctor since I was diagnosed and have recently been told that we are hitting the end...

Last reply
  • Looking into Calmare therapy

Hi I am wondering if anyone has tried Calmare therapy? I have only had CRPS for about 5 months but the pain is getting worse. I broke my distal radial bone and have a plate and 10 screws in there. Shortly after surgery began to have CRPS symptoms. The pain is no longer in my wrist but is in my shoulder...

Last reply
  • Do my symptoms sound like CRPS after ACL reconstruction?

Hi Everyone, 3 weeks ago I had an ACL reconstruction. The surgery went well and my knee is looking and feeling great! I had a femoral nerve block which they believe may not have worked as I was in a large amount of pain after surgery and I spent a few hours longer than I was supposed to in recovery....

Last reply
  • Hi, I am new here.

I had rotator cuff surgery Dec.of 2016. My arm was in a sling for 6 weeks. The first day of physical therapy. My therapist said I had crps. My hand was very swollen. My ortho dr. Says it was not crps. The therapist says he's in denial. I have had NO pain. Just swelling in my hand. Plus stiff joints....

Last reply
  • CBD cure CRPS?

I HAVE TAKEN GABAPENTIN AND DULOXETINE FOR CRPS WITHOUT MUCH HELP. I WAS THINKING ABOUT TAKING CBD CAPSULES TO SEE IF IT WOULD HELP. IT IS LEGAL IN MAINE. I HAVE HEARD LIMITED INPUT ABOUT CBD FOR CRPS. IF ANYONE COULD ENLIGHTEN ME TO THEIR EXPERIENCES, WITH DOSE INFO, I WOULD BE APPRECIATIVE.

Last reply
  • Duloxetine for CRPS

My doctor prescribed Duloxetine for my CRPS/nerve problem in my wrist. Has anyone been cured using that med and if so how long before improvement started. I don't like taking the med but if might help I will continue.

Last reply
  • Pain meds

Has anyone heard of the website PainMeds Only and if so what do you think. I'm at my wits end trying to deal with this pain and have the doctors look at you like your a junky

Last reply
  • CRPS from work injury

Looking for anyone who's CRPS is from a work injury. Anyone dealing with a worker's compensation company who is not approving recommended nerve block procedure?

Last reply
  • CRPS at a lost for words

I'm new here and but not new to the pain i feel. I am now finding out that all this pain is not in my head. However my ortho doctor has told me at this point she is not sure what to do. I have be prescribed amitriptylne which did nothing. I didnt dare ask for any pain meds even though the pain is...

Last reply
  • Help!

Since 2016, I have had 4 operations on my foot/leg. A debridement, a tension release, a fusion and a neuroma removal. I originally broke a bone in my foot in 2015. I them broke 2 bones in it this year (no reason why I broke them) Since then, the pain has moved to my knee, thigh and hip. No doctor seems...

Last reply
  • All seem so scary

When they start to talk about putting anything near my spine it scares me. Before i had my 3 ruptured disc repaired i got that epidural steroid injection and it put every muscle in my body into a frozen state. It hurt so bad i cried for hours and i couldn't move. Every nerve in my body was screaming....

Last reply
  • Neuromodulation

Hi, I have had numerous surgery on my foot and leg with has resulted in me having CRPS. I have seen so many different consultants. My pain consultant wants me to have neuromodulation or a spinal cord stimulator. I’m obviously very scared about this and I didn’t want them messing about with my back. I...

Last reply
  • recent crps diagnosis

Hello everyone.New to forum.After a knee surgery as a result from a work injury i was recently diagnosed with crps nos.every test known to science was performed to come up with this diagnosis.My question is concerning workers comp they state that this is not crps .Is crps the same as crps  -nos

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.