Skip to content

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Son diagnosed with crps, need to get him help.

Hi all, I am not a sufferer of crps, but my 15 year old son is, I have joined this group to try and gain some advice. We are in the UK, so the advice I am looking for will primarily (at this point) come from sufferers with this awful condition come from this country. About 6 years ago my son was diagnosed...

Last reply
  • Hopelessness

hi, I just don't know. Everyday seems the same. Nothing means anything life sucks. I just don't know what to do.i can hardly leave the house and when I do it's seems pointless. My health has taken over. When I get medicated and relieve some of the pain I am zombie when I'm not medicated...

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed with CRPS after ankle surgery help !

Hi, does anyone have this and could share how to overcome this. Complex  Neurological Pain Syndrome i was just diagnosed with early CRPS in my ankle after severe trauma and ankle surgery. a support group for this would be so helpful !  thank you so much!!? 

Last reply
  • Weak legs

Morning guys.  I am wondering can anyone tell me why CRPS cause weakness in limbs and how I can help mine ? It started in left ankle nearly two year ago. Got mobile within 5 months with physio.  But a year into it the time of a disease spread to all limbs back neck head face.  Last few...

Last reply
  • Diagnosis time frame??

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum but not to the site. I have posted about frozen shoulder and neurological pain, which brings me here.  In December I had an arthroscopic capsule release to help frozen shoulder. Not long after that I started to get quite severe nerve pain in the wrist. It was...

Last reply
  • Looking for other in the CRPS community to talk with

Hello All, I have had CRPS for 15 years. And, although this is one of the most awful conditions, im still fihhting to love life to its fullest everyday. My current support system is amazing and I work to bless my community with love and kindness everyday. However, my condition fluctuates and I have...

Last reply
  • Is CRPS curable?

I have had CRPS in my wrist since surgery 15 months ago. It is somewhat better but not great. Does anyone get totally cured from CRPS.

Last reply
  • Keto diet and chronic pain

I started my journey into the keto diet as a way to try to cut down on the amount of gabapentin I was taking, I figured if it worked for the epileptics, it might work that way for me LOL.  But, I found a scholarly place on the internet chock full of all sort of tidbits about the keto diet...

Last reply
  • Zimbalta. Side effects

Does anyone take Zimbalta? I just started taking 20 mg. Once a day. This is my first day. It made me feel sleepy and I felt a little nausea. I took it in the morning, U think I will take it at night instead. I am just wondering if the nausea issue will get better in time as my body gets used to it. It...

Last reply
  • Airplane travels with CRPS

Hi there. I'm doing a 6 hour flight in a few weeks. Wondering if anyone has experience sitting in a confined area for a long time. One of my triggers is sitting or bending my knees for more than an hour. Any advice on medication that may help me sleep or relax me during the flight?

Last reply
  • Memorial weekend

To all veterans and everyone. Have a great weekend ,pain or no pain respect our veterans everyday year around. Have a safe one.

Posted
  • Meatloaf

I made a meatloaf tonight and it was delicious. First time in several years. My wife overslept and I started it at 6:30pm. A small victory is my derive circumstances. Yes, I really suffered while making it but in the end she and I were very happy with the outcome. Time to rest and fall asleep during...

Last reply
  • Share any good news nice thoughts ..

I know we are all in severe pain and suffering but today I would like to share good news/thoughts. Maybe nice things people did or said for you or something you did that was thoughtful kind ,,, I had severe arms spasm yesterday. I have full body /head face crps.  The day was endless.  But at...

Last reply
  • Has anyone done Graded motor imagery/mirror therapy?

I ordered the handbook and a mirror box which looks like a do-it-yourself sort of thing after my PT seemed to be kind of jumbled about actually doing it.  She has the theory down, just not the practicalities of the how to do it.  LOL we may both be using the handbook and the mirror box.  The...

Last reply
  • TERRIFIED TO MOVE. I'M IN A CONSTANT FLARE UP NOW

Yes, it's true I'm in a constant flare up now the better of 2 weeks now. Last night I decided to sit up on my couch for a few minutes to caress my 17yr old ailing cat with lung cancer with my right hand as he laid on my lap. Sitting really is something that I cannot do but for a few minutes...

Last reply
  • Screwed

When to MUSC pain clinic biggest hospital in Charleston SC and the doc said that there is nothing that he could do. He even said that if he knew that it was me coming that he would have informed me ahead of time not to come. I wasn't charged. Even as my head was shaved with lidocaine patches covering...

Last reply
  • WHO MODERATES?

Who moderates or reads what we all are posting? THIS MESSAGE IS FOR YOU AND YOUR MODERATORS. If there is something you can do or someone you can get in touch with to help, please act. We need help. I need help. Guide us in a solid direction to a facility that we be able to help treat our conditions....

Last reply
  • WHO MODERATES?

Who moderates or reads what we all are posting? THIS MESSAGE IS FOR YOU AND YOUR MODERATORS. If there is something you can do or someone you can get in touch with to help, please act. We need help. I need help. Guide us in a solid direction to a facility that we be able to help treat our conditions....

Last reply
  • Reply to my 2 followers

Just woke up after I realized I only got 3 hrs sleep not 4. Excruciating occipital headache. It's time to tell my story. Will do it soon. I'm so exhausted. Yes, I have lidocaine cream 4% an 5%. I have 5% lidocaine patches as well. Everyday I scrape the patches with my fingernail with 4% lidocaine...

Last reply
  • The weather

Holy guacamole!  I was diagnosed with CRPS a few months ago, due to an ankle fracture.  I had actually made some good improvements and was hoping to get back to work in the very near future.  Enter the weather.  Humidity struck a couple of days ago.  So did rain.  And, so...

Last reply
  • Need some advice

I am an 18year old female For 2 years i have suffered with widespread chronic pain in muscle and joints, for 4 years i have suffered with seizures, anxiety and depression. I have also suffer with sleep problems, muscle spasms, headaches, migraines, internal tremors, vision problems, hypersensitivity...

Last reply
  • If only

Can't sleep, can't sit. Suffering in miserable excruciating pain. I am burning up alive. Migraine type headache as well. Can't have covers on me above my waist. Shivering as well. I'm at the end of my rope. Lidocaine patches taped onto my face. Covered in them. No relief. This is why...

Last reply
  • WHAT GOOD? WHAT GOOD DOES IT DO 2 GET ON THIS SITE AND BEG 4 HELP?

Things are very bad. My whole entire scalp is feeling like my left side of my head and face. Going to have to shave my whole head again and cover my entire head and neck and both sides of my face with lidocaine patches. Occipital and Trigeminal Neuralgia is at its worst. I was told today that my hydrocodone...

Last reply
  • Doctor

If there are any neurologist or pain docs with some suggestions I sure would appreciate it.

Last reply
  • I wish I knew where to start

My story is unbelievable. My suffering is 24hrs a day. More than just RSD. I CANNOT TAKE THIS ANYMORE. I have no life at all. I'll be a 51yr old male in June. My family suffers as well seeing all of this happening to me. This is my 1st time ever joining a group of sufferers from RSD. Mine is very...

Last reply
  • Cold hands

Hello everyone, Curious if anyone is experiencing very cold hands. There is a condition called Raynaud's Syndrome. I experience this as well with all the other things happening. Of course the discoloration and pain from CRPS plays a key role but with this I have cold painful hands, especially...

Last reply
  • Hand and arm pain

Hey all, Just wanted to share an idea that I use for severe pain in the hands and arms. We all know that CRPS in the arm and hand is very painful. My left hand is constantly throbbing purple and red and the prickly numbness makes it hard to use. Of course I've mentioned lidocaine patches for my...

Last reply
  • Survivor67

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've changed my nickname to ROCKY BALBOA

Last reply
  • What should I do dont know about surgery

Hi all I have had this nerve condition for 18 years and its affected my back, legs, feet, and ankles. I have been thru so many surgeries and I have had 3 or 4 neurostimulator implants put in. The last implant I had put in was from nevro and it's the one to where u can drive with it on there is...

Last reply
  • Massage

I tried light massage yesterday evening. Painful. 2:45am up again but did get 5hrs sleep on the couch again. Just hanging on. The burn is bad. Made sure my neck and ears weren'touched during massage. Expensive. Trying anything. At this time it makes 2 yrs since my life changing fall that started...

Last reply
  • Barely hanging on

I want to give up so bad but I can't. I'm only living for my family these days and not for myself. This is so cruel. Ther nothing on this earth as painful as what I'm going through. I'm in my garage just to give my wife some space from me because I look so terribly ba. I just want to...

Last reply
  • CRPS family support

I'm not sure my spouse will ever habe the slightest clue of the amount of pain I'm in. Even after it is explained by the doctor that diagnosed me I still don't think he has a clue. Can anybody relate? I also have a problem with my sciatica on my left side which is pretty much where all my...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.