Looking For Advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am currently trying to figure out a good way to bring up to my doctor the idea of looking into CRPS due to long term pain in my left leg after having a bone infection when I was thirteen. The pain recently start to be consistently occurring around the time I was eighteen, I am now twenty but my doctor has not been able to find a reason for the pain I am in. I have been to an orthopedic doctor that did x-rays and MRIs that show no reason for the pain I am experiencing which has lead to both my primary and orthopedic to tell me pretty much that they have no answers for what I'm dealing with. The pain mainly stays in my left leg and has started to effect the way that I walk, I am doing PT but it is not helping the pain at all.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

  • Posted

    askin primary for referral to pain management specialist. make sure you bring all media icons with you to specialist. discuss your concerns.

  • Posted

    askin primary for referral to pain management specialist. make sure you bring all media icons with you to specialist. discuss your concerns.

  • Posted

    Hi Angel,

    Is the pain constantly unbearable at nine or ten out of ten? Is it better for a moment when you wake up? Is the pain sometimes come with a burning sensation? The pain killers offered do not work?

    If so it might be CRPS. You need to see go to a well reputed PAIN CLINIC.

    I have had it for over 5 years after a shoulder injury on my right side. The pain has spread to all of the right side of my body, including my face which often gets a burning pain. My right hand and

    shoulders hurt the most. I went through several doctors who could not diagnose me. Finally a good orthopedic doctor sent me to an university pain clinic, after taking X rays of my right and left hand. Because I had not moved my right hand due to the extreme pain for over six month, the bone had degraded in my right hand more than the left. They measured the temperatures of both hands and the right hand was much colder.

    I was instantly prescribed an assortment of pain killers. Lyrica seems to be the best medicine that is taken with tramcet, neurotropin and tryptanol for the burning sensation. YOU WILL NEED AT LEAST 75 or 150mgs of LYRICA. It will alleviate some degree of pain and make life bearable. MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU WILLBE ABLE TO MOVE YOURN LEG. Moving your leg is very important.

    There is a new medicine which can replace LYRICA called TARLIGE 15mg. TARLIGE has less side effects than LYRICA and more effective so ask your doctor about this. CRPS starts to get better over the years and the 24/7 traumatic pain attacks subsides, the pain remains and the pain attacks begin to occur less and less. BUT YOU MUST KEEP MOVING YOUR LIMBS AND EXCERSIZE.


    and more as you will be ab,e to do things. SO go and see a doctor at a university or large hospital to diagnose you. GOOD LUCK ANGEL. I HOPE IT IS NOT CRPS!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.