Anyone with experience of paroxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I have struggled with depression for 30 odd years and have made cry for help attemps in the past. About 6 weeks ago I felt the depression and anxiety mounting so went to my GP who put me on paroxetine 20mg which was upped to 30mg after 2 weeks. Unfortunately I went back to work early and as I have quite a stressful job I crashed badly, I self harmed and planned my exit but held it together long enough to go to my GP, l spent last week on an assessment ward and felt better but since coming out I have slumped again. I am also on diazapan but I don't feel the paroxetine is doing anything or if it is what is it doing, any advice?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If your feeling at all suicidal or like harming

Yourself please call your gp or go to the

Hospital for another assessment.

With many antidepressants it can take up to

2-6 weeks to notice an improvement.

Diazepam is used to calm panic attacks and

Help anxiety, but is very addictive so please be careful with it.

Take care,

Kate.

X

• Posted

Hi Kate 

its okay seen GP today and am in control, was just wondering if anyone had experience of paroxetine as its a new one for me.

i hope you are okay and thank you for caring 

David 

• Posted

I went on paroxetine for a while, but I switched to Luvox because I found it the side effects a bit hard. I think like usual you have to wait six weeks before it really kicks in. I felt really fuzzy right away. It sounds like you are doing pretty well on it. 

I would stay on it and if it is your first experience with anti depressants, I would advice you to stay on it, not go off and come on. I have read that a good five years on anti depressants makes permanent changes (good ones) to your brain. 

I am on them for life, and they have really stabilized me. Good luck David, you seem really brave.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Jennifer it helps to know other people's experiences of medication especially anti depressants as they take so long to take effect.

hope you are doing well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.