Anyone with IBS have this symptom?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had ibs for over 7 years now. The last 2 weeks I have had constant upper abdominal pain. The pain is located about 2 inches above my belly button. It's a constant ache, doesn't matter if i eat or don't eat or have a bowel movement or not. The pain isnt sharp, it's like a contant dull ache & feels like I have a bowling ball up there. I am also bloated. Anyone else have this?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had exactly what you are describing. I was diagnosed with gastritis. I take 2 zantacs twice a day 150mg and it helped tremendously!
    • Posted

Hi Emma-Mae, I was wondering about gastritis actually, but I didn't have an attack per say. Are you not suppose to have some sort of acute gastritis attack? My pain just came on suddenly & gradually just got worse & won't go away. Where was your pain? Mine is right in the middle about 2-3 inches above my belly button. Where you bloated and feel full? 
    • Posted

Hey pam069! No I never had any sort of attack. Just like you mine started off slightly until it was un bare able. I was tested for celiac and lactose intolerance until I got the diagnosis of gastritis. Mine was right above my belly button and went up to where your ribs splits. My stomach would bloat so much I looked like I was 10

months pregnant. I couldn't eat much cause my stomach was already so full. The Zantac has helped a lot though with the pain and bloating.

• Posted

Your symptoms sound exactly like me Emma-mae! Especially the bloating and pain area (things I read online, states the pain is of to the left side, up high) Can I ask how you were finally diagnoded with gastritis? And how long did it take for the Zantac to work? I have taken Zantac 75mg and it didnt seem to do much, perhaps I wasnt taking enough & I needed the 150mg tabs...
    • Posted

This first doctors or I seen suspected it after all other test came back negative and put me on the prescription version of Zantac. And it helped for awhile. About two years later I had a endoscopy for other issues and my gastrologist advised again of the gastritis and put me in a higher dose of Zantac. The 150 just over the counter no prescription. i would say it started working after 3-4 days of taking it twice a day. Took it for a few months straight and now I just take Zantac every so often when the bloating starts.
    • Posted

I appreciate all your input, thanks 😊 I guess I will take the 150 Zantac or I suppose 2 of the 75s will do just fine lol - the only problem with a higher dose is that I am afraid it will cause more side effects. Unfortunately the 75 mg tabs make me dizzy and give me headaches 😟 Were you fine on them? or did it cause some symptoms that eventually go away while my body gets used to it? Also, did you get back aches? 
    • Posted

No they made me dizzy. I learned to eat something small with them. Eventually it goes away but the first little bit I did get really dizzy. I didn't have any other side effects though. The gastritis cause me a lot of anxiety that made the IBS work but once I got it under control everything died down significantly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.