anyone with lateral sphincterotomy done ??

Posted , 6 users are following.

im 5 day post op lateral sphincterotomy for my fissure i had been suffering for 4 months. pain due to fissure is gone but im suffering from anal swelling . did anyone experienced anal swelling after fissure surgery ? how to deal with it ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had the surgery about 5 years ago, it did take a good couple of months for me to totally heal. Could you ring your surgeons secretary if you are worried? Drink plenty of fluid and keep bowels as soft as u can. I think it's just too early. Xx

• Posted

m only worried about swelling . did u suffer with anal swelling after surgery ? i called my surgeon he said its normal dnt worry

• Posted

yes there will be swelling very traumatic ordeal warm baths multiple times a dag

• Posted

Hey Erick, thanks for all the posts you did it helped me alot, I had lis 21 days ago and the main pain is gone I can sit and all that but there is a little pain here and there now and then, did that happen to you or your completely were pain free 14 days after ur op? thanks

• Edited

Had the surgery twice. 2nd one back in 2019. Pain peaked on 3 days, after a week pain lessened and 2 weeks later everything calmed down. Be patient, keep the area clean as possible, multiple showers help and use a handheld shower bidet / water to clean yourself. To dry, dab with tissue until clean, don't wipe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.