Anyone with success with Knee arthroscopy

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've heard all the problems related to arthroscopy of the knee, but is there anyone that's had a success? Both my husband and I need to have meniscus repair mine has frayed and his is a full thickness tear from a fall at work, he has to go back to work as a plumber so needs to kneel I need a good knee as the other side is replaced. Thanks in advance.

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi had mine yesterday and feeling sore and stiff but to be expected I suppose. Will keep you informed how it goes from here. Not too good going upstairs on the crutches yet😀 regards Bev
  • Posted

Good luck Bev...
  • Posted

I've had my right knee done 3 yrs ago with no problem after was on crutches for 2wks, had my left knee done 2 yrs ago, trouble since then, had it operated on again 9 days ago for a torn cartledge nd a bakers cyst, had it done on the Monday was back in hospital on the Wednesday with excessive bleeding. The pain I'm in is unreal started physio day after op, I can't do hardly any exercise with it because the swelling won't allow it. Can't sleep, can't bare any weight on it. Really wish I didn't have it done. Good luck with your one
    • Posted

That's sound awful. Hear so many horror stories which suppose to be a simple op. Will take my bandage off tomorrow it's just very stiff at the moment and alittle weak
    • Posted

After the first operation I was fine, I'm only 33 and was told I was young enough to recover quickly, not the case at this moment in time. I've taken 2 tramadol. Tablets 3hrs ago nd still in agony, was hoping to get back to work by Tuesday (hairdresser) but physio have said at least 3wks more on crutches, hope you start feeling better soon xx
    • Posted

Fine took it off this morning and put on the waterproof strips. Have tried walking without the crutches as well. Little stiff but that will come in time I hope. Icing it as it is swollen. Thanks for your message Bev
  • Posted

After keyhole op Tues Knee is very swollen today and very bruised more then yesterday trying to keep it moving as gets very stiff. 
  • Posted

Hi it's been 11 days since my knee arthscopy and walking without my crutches since day two. Still just alittle stiff when walking but no pain now as such. I would say in two weeks I should be even better. So glad I had it done as walking on a locked knee was unbearable. Haven't walked that far but little and often Bev
  • Posted

Thanks for the reply Bev, do you think my husband would be able to return to work at 2 weeks as a plumber, on his knees all day ? 

I know every one is different. But if something is going to go wrong it would be him ?,!LOL...

• Posted

I am 58 and my job is sitting down, at this moment of 10 days don't even feel like going back to work. Would not like to try kneeling at the moment either. I have a sick note for 4 weeks so will let you know when I do feel 100 per cent. But then again everyone is different. Maybe mine is a little different as my knee was locked for 3 months and is taking time to walk as I used to best wishes Bev
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, we are still not sure what to do. But like I said he can still work and walk for miles my thoughts are to leave well alone, he could easily end up worse than he is now,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.