Anyone with successful relationship without giving HSV2 to partner??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been casually dating guy for couple of months and he knows I am HSV2 positive (have been for 20 years and on daily suppressive, no outbreak in over two years). He wants to have unprotected sex but I am so scared I will pass it on. Any advice???

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If he is willing to take the chance and he loves you then yes take the chance
  • Posted

Hi, I have had H for 25 years and have had many long term relationships.  That I know of, I have not passed this on, but I have been on daily meds for 20 years.  I was wondering if you have been on them for that long?  I would like to go off, but get an ob everytime I do.  Look forward to hearing back from you. Lisa
    • Posted

I have been on them daily for 3 years. Started taking them just to not pass this on in any relationship and I'm scared to go off now because I've started perimenopause and with all of the stress going on I'm afraid I'll have an outbreak.

In your long-term relationships did you have unprotected sex?

Thank you so much for your reply!

• Posted

Happy to help u feel a bit better. I know this thing is so hard to deal with mentally.  Where r u from.  I’m in nj. 
    • Posted

It is. I didn't even date anyone for probably 15 years because I was petrified of passing it on. Started doing research and found out there are ways to prevent it so trying to get a semi-normal life back :-) i am in Georgia!

• Posted

What are the ways to prevent it, I was recently diagnosed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.