Anyone with these symptoms? Low D

Posted , 4 users are following.

About 8 months ago I quit alcohol after going through a very tough time. 2 years of worry and stress etc. I quit because I started having spells of extreme weakness, shaking, sky high BP, just freaking out. I would cry my eyes out pretty often, emotions on my sleeve, feet was tingly, arms were tingly. They started to become routine around midday and sometimes during the evening. Had a couple blood tests and multiple Dr visits, even one during a spell, and other than insane BP all was good. I suspected something with sugar but all was well. Was put on anxiety meds which only made me dizzy for a while. I quit after about a month. I started taking every vitamin known to man. About 4 months ago I saw another Dr who mentioned vitamin D, which uncovered my level of 13. Apparently no one else checked it? I did the high dose 4 week thing, but it did nothing so I continued looking for a cure. I later uncovered what all D does and how bad it can be when deficient. I started taking between 4000 and 8000 D3 fairly regular but not everyday. Slowly but surely I was able to somewhat function. Considering I was in the bed afraid to come out for a few months anything is an improvement. Over the summer I've done pretty good with occasional fatigue and I still get just a weird nervous, rushing feeling through my arms and chest, like I can feel my nerves. It's weird but it's getting better. My BP doesn't spike anymore and the past week or so I've been working around being pretty normal. A few weeks ago another D test said I was at 36 now. I've been taking a multivitamin with an extra dose of D, around 5000 religiously over the summer and I'm slowly getting there. I know my nerves are shot over going through my rough spot, plus all this. And I'm very out of shape now from laying around. But has anyone else had any symptoms like this from D deficiency, or was I just freaking out from all the stress and alcohol? Just been an insane experience.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I also had low D earlier this year but your 13 seems to be very low, I had rib pain and lower back pain and real bad stomach upset, started using the vit d3 mouth spray twice a day, the spray is supposed to be easier to absorb and better than tablets. Have you checked your calcium and magnesium levels as it seems that calcium can't be processed properly unless your vit d levels are normal. hope you are feeling better and your level is now over 50.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.