Anyone with Viibryd Side Effects?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My doctor took me off of Celexa due to horrible side effects and now I'm on 10mg of Viibryd (bumping up to 20mg in 2 weeks). No side effects really the first three doses (take in evenings because it does relax me a bit). Got up this morning, day four, haven't taken my dose yet and have been off balance and dizzy all day. Vision feels like I'm looking through a fish bowl when the waves hit the worst.

Doctors have diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia, Depression, Anxiety, Panic disorder, and most recently MS. All but the depression and anxiety have been rescinded. I had a near fatal closed head trauma seven years ago which has caused migraines, but migraine meds have been unsuccessful at helping because they almost all lower my blood sugar dangerously low. So now they're treating the migraines as being induced by stress, anxiety, and depression.

It's almost worth the headache to get off the med roller coaster at the moment. Any ideas?

Wellbutrin, Abilify, Effexor, Paxil, Parnate, Klonopin, Zoloft, Prozac and lexapro have all been tried will ZERO success.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Lexapro is in the escitalopram group of SSRIs ask your doctor.It is newer than cipramil (Citalopram ) and sometimes better tolerated. All these drugs are slow to work we are talking often months not weeks but worth it once they kick in. They assist you to manage the anxiety and depression give you reprieve from the symptoms of anxiety and give you the space to start cognitive behaviour therapy which teaches you to think differently about issues. It's not the issues themselves which cause anxiety and stress it's the ingrained thought patterns and attitude which need addressing and a good psychologist can help you with this,so that slowly you can come off the drugs if your doctor thinks you are ready and if you think you're ready. It's a slow old process but at least there is he.p out there and this forum! 

• Posted

Lexapro was the 1st med I was on with this doctor and almost ended up in the ER due to side effects. I tend to have a very sensitive system when it comes to side effects. The rare one in a million side effects are the ones I typically get.

I've been in therapy for other issues for the last 9 months anyway and have plateaued on progress with that. It has left me feeling frustrated but not exactly anxious. The only true anxiety I feel was from being on Celexa for a month. Insomnia, couldn't sit still, panic etc.

• Posted

Maybe try acupuncture and forgo these type of meds if they aren't necessary!

• Posted

I have a skin disorder that causes hive like welts if I even scratch my skin with nails. Pins/needles not exactly stress less.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.