Anyone without Fistula surgery for years?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had an anal abscess in 2011, it formed a fistula back then. Since 2015 onwards, it stopped bothering me... occasionally it forms a tiny pea shaped bump if im too constipated or put pressure in that area by doing any weight lifting. Then it pops open and fresh blood drains. im managing my diet with everyday psyllium husk regularly, not to eat any gassy foods such as broccoli or beans etc. Eating only fully cooked foods. Keep the area clean, wash after bowel movements. I guess it became dormant and quiet, unless I get overly constipated or gassy. If I do, the skin surface bursts ooen and blood drains, then the skin tear heals in a week.

Suggestions?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

my fistula started back in 2018 until like Feb. 2019 then it was gone for like 6 months then back again for less than a month and now in 2020 is back ... over a week now with pain... hopefully it heals and i keep my diet and stool softener because I do not want to get LIS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.