Anyone without tonsils - mono symptoms?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

just wanting to know what your mono symptoms were? Especially people who don't have tonsils? also, Did anyone have a mild sore throat that went away and came back weeks later?

thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Sam,

I do not have tonsils.

My sore throat was my first symptom. it wasnt horrible though, just felt scratchy. I had it for about a week and it went away. it never came back.

• Posted

I do not have tonsils and i had a slightly sore throat for like a week at the beginning. I actually had more trouble swallowing and stuff rather than soreness. It seemed to get dry and hurt especially while i sleep.

• Posted

thanks. did you get any swollen lymph nodes? if so, where were they?

• Posted

in my groin and chest just one in my neck but my lymphs havent been swollen a great deal that i have noticed.

• Posted

I never really had a sore throat. At one point, however, I felt as if one wanted to come on. It never did. What I did have was trouble swallowing. I eat a lot of chicken breast so when all this started happening that symptom started. When I would eat I was able to pass most of the food through but always seemed to get a piece stuck in my throat which would make me have to cough to dislodge it.

I wouldn't count what I had a sore throat (the feeling of an oncoming one). No pain either.

• Posted

Hi Sam,

It can definitely be normal for a sore throat to be stubborn and try to persist during mono, the virus can definitely cause that in the vast majority of cases this does get completely better as your body starts to recover, it can take a little time though so hang in there and hoping thing settle with this soon as a sore throat that is persisting is not nice at all for sure.

One thing maybe to try is the baking soda remedy - 1/2 tea spoon full of baking soda dissolved in plain water and drank twice per day on an empty stomach, maybe for 1-2 weeks (2 weeks max at a time as they say not to do it any longer at the one time because of the alkaninity). Even gargling that before swallowing - I've found that remedy helpful for throat and mouth issues in the past, it is very good at attacking and fighting horrible viruses. Also I found the herb oregano to be really good for mouth and throat issues, I sometimes get oregano tablets from the health food store to take.

Hoping you feel much better soon and hang in there - better times ahead!

Craig

• Posted

No tonsils and I also felt like I was fighting a sore throat for about a week before I went to get tested. It would be a little sore in the morning then go away...same thing at night. I did have swollen glands though. My biggest symptoms were the extreme exhaustion, headaches and brain fog. Also wooziness. I'm at 3 months now....the exhaustion comes and goes, still have slightly swollen glands, and headaches and brain fog. 😦

• Posted

which lymph nodes of yours are swollen? I have 1 in the front of neck near my throat that is swollen, and one in my left armpit

• Posted

I had one really persistent and sore lymph node on the right hand side of my neck during the virus Sam, it was so frustrating and it did linger a bit even as I started to recover - but it did go away Sam so hang in there, these symptoms do settle down and disappear completely as your body recovers - hang in there and hoping for a good and settled weekend ahead.

Craig

• Posted

thank you Craig. was it at the front of your neck?

• Posted

Hi Sam,

The lymph node in my neck which bothered me was at the front but on the right hand side, kind of below my jaw. It sounds like the lymph node in your neck bothering you is in a similar area too - remember this can be a very common and normal symptom during mono. Of course it's always good to discuss with the doctor about any concerns, and hoping very much doing that could put your mind at ease, it's so easy and understandable to worry and let the mind run away during this dreaded virus. This definitely can be a very classic symptom of mono and in vast majority of cases gets better with time and recovery.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig. mine is also on the right side below my jaw in the front of my neck

• Posted

Hang in there Sam, things will improve and this symptom will go away. Hoping this can be a better week ahead. Praying for God's help for us all.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.