anyrsm fear headache pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi

i have changed my attitude a lot lately i have gone out doing things everyday keeping busy i awoke today and all day had this weird feeling different to doom but its a bad feeling very hard to describe anxious very much non stop until tonight it calmed i then got a sudden headach3 felt /still feel head is in a vice heavy head/eyes the pain is horrendous i have taken painkillers they don't seem to have worked all i can think about is anyrsm .

bad thoughts won't go i just keep visioning / feeling im going to bleed everywhere or collaspe after hearing a pop and ill be gone my mind won't go on anything else no matter what i try i can feel crawling prickling all over every now and again also warmh I've tried everything that stops my anxious thoughts too does anyone else get this fear with headaches what puts your mind off it x

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

I defiantly get dizzy spells, heavy headed, some headaches, body tightness. And Lately I feel a buring and tingling in my head. Not like a fever but it scared me and makes me think it's a tumor. I have us blood work done I have also went to my psychiatrist and they say it's all anxiety and that I'm making it worse on mysef by going to these bad places thinking I have something wrong with my brain. It's very scary and I hate it. I have been taking Xanax not a lot but a little everyday but I don't want to become dependent on it. I also started lexapro a few days ago so I hope it helps. Major thing for me is I have smoked por for the past 15 years everyday that definalty has masked apt of my anxiety. It never was fully gone but it masked some of it. I quit cold turkey a few weeks ago after a very bad panic attack and now I'm definalty having some withdrawals from that. Just want to few good again.
  • Posted

Honey, I read what you just wrote and it seems like as if I wrote it myself lol I spent about 4 months with a terrible headache/ head pressure that only was on the left side of my head and that was constant and I felt dizzy all the time and nauseous and I just kept crying because I swore I had a brain tumor or an aneurysm, fortunately it's somewhat died down recently, I've learned that the more I stress myself out over it and the more I think about bad things, it stresses me out more and my headaches continue. You've got to remember that your head is full of muscles that tense up when you're stressed. What you are describing sounds to me like a tension headache and unfortunately those can be chronic and painkillers don't work if you keep stressing yourself out over it, trust me lol the best thing to do is keep busy and get your mind off of it
    • Posted

Thank you and I'm really trying to keep it together. Trying some meditation, some yoga, swimming, going on walk/runs. Trying to stay busy so that I don't think. But I can never shut off my brain.i also own my own Salon and I have a lot going on with that and so not want my anxiety to interfere with it. But it has been. This has been going on for almost 4 weeks. I also have been a partier for the last 15 years with pot and other things and I fear as tho I have done something to my brain. Like I have damaged it. Never was into hard drugs but the party favors and I'm done with it all. 15 years of smoking pot and quit cold turkey 3 weeks ago. So I'm sure that has masked a lot of anxiety over the years so now in just trying to live a healthy lifestyle but it's all kicking me in the butt now. I know that's a lot to share but I have to be honest to see if anyone else has had these same problems.
    • Posted

Trust me when I say that I know it is an unbelievably scary feeling, there has been days where I cry myself to sleep because I'm in so much pain, but when I was finally diagnosed with severe clinical depression as well as severe GAD, it made sense to me that I was feeling this way. Anxiety can make your body feel like as if any tiny pain is something that's gonna kill you, and in reality, it's not. It's simply just you overreacting because that is what anxiety does to you. It causes you to overreact and feel so many different things all at once and it scares you so much that you feel you're gonna die, when in reality, you're as healthy as a horse. So you've just gotta relax, take a breather, make anxiety your best friend and just roll with it until it goes away on its own. Don't fight it, you'll only make it worse.
  • Posted

I have experienced the same feelings. I always thought my head was going to pop and I was going to die suddenly. I ended up going to the ER because I felt so bad and they did an MRI which of course came back normal. I still felt that way even though I had physical evidence to suggest otherwise. I ended up doing some research online and discovered that it was anxiety so I decided to seek out help and they diagnosed me with GAD and panic disorder and now I am on Pristique, Xanax in the morning, Klonopin for later in the day and Sonata to help me sleep. Since I have talked to someone and with the meds those feelings have definitely slowed but I don't think they will ever go away. I wish you luck in getting through it because it is definitely a scary feeling and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.
    • Posted

Same here I would never wish this upon anyone. I just started lexapro low dose and I'm taking Xanax but only a small amount. I have been trying to meditate do yoga go for a swim anything to sooth my anxiety but sometimes it just doesn't help. I have definalty considered having an MRI but my family and docs Keep telling me it's all my anxiety and I'm making these symptoms worse. Which j know is true but it's that 2nd guessing ourselves thing. Like one minute I tell mysef I'm fine and 5minutes later I'm like I dunno your brain feels weird and it could be a tumor. It's ridiculous I know but it scares me and I can't help that.
  • Posted

I forgot to mention that I am on Pamelor which controls the headaches and I always had this burning sensation on my scalp and face too which they said was associated with the mental stuff.
    • Posted

The burning in my head is so scary and I'm sure it's related to the anxiety but man I hate it and I keep thinking that it's something worse then anxiety. Ughhh frusating sad
  • Posted

My heart goes out to you! I have generalised anxiety disorder, but unfortunatley I tend to have episodes of it and last year and the beginning of this year I had severe hypocondria (afraid of being ill basically). The main things I were afraid of was Heartattacks, Tumours, Cancer and, yep, you guessed it, anyrsms. 

It's a really hard thing to deal with, because no matter how much you try to reassure yourself you always have something in the back of your mind telling you otherwise- I've been there! 

So, instead of you trying to reassure yourself, let me try and do it for you, and everything I'm about to say is the truth, not just for reassurance purposes. So I always used to have horrible pressures and pains in my head. Sometimes my head felt like it was being squished, squeezed, pressed down, pressed to the side etc. I always had pain/shooting pains on the top of my head, my neck, my temple, behind my eyes, above my eyes, the back of my head, everywhere, and sometimes all at once.  I also suffered tingling, numbness, burning and crawling sensations on my scalp. Any of this sounding familiar? Something that used to help me with the head pain was massaging my shoulders, and, I know lots of people suggest it but trying to even my breathing. When you're thinking of all your symptoms, you may not notice it, but your breathing can fasten and make these thoughts much worse. If the pain is really bad, trying putting a warm wet cloth/towel/flannel over your eyes, and lie on your back with your head on one pillow (two pillows can cause the pain to get worse). As I said, trying giving your shoulders a massage. An issue I had was because I was getting so stressed about my symptoms my muscles in my shoulders/neck were getting really tense, causing headaches. Massaging my shoulders did help, and it helped me relax too. 

Do you ever sometimes physically see the illness your afraid of? For example, sometimes when I shut my eyes, even sometimes when I was blinking, I would physically see a tumour. That is a common thing to happen when you are suffering with anxiety. I can't reccomend anything to help with that symptom, BUT, in order to help relieve these sensations, you have to tackle the anxiety disorder first. Everyone is different, but i'll suggest some things that I did that really helped me get through it (and it did run its course):

-'Symptom log + reality check'- this was something i came up with bymyself and actually helped me a lot. So, when I was feeling paticularly achey or worried about my health (which was every day), i would write down the symptoms that were bothering me i.e. pressure in my head, making me scared of having an anyursim. When I was finished writing down my symptoms, on the next page I would title it 'reality check'. I would then write a list of things it probably was such as 'horemones, anxiety disorder, tense muscles', and actually as I was writing, although sometimes it was difficult to not write down the things that were scaring me, I actually started to convince myself. It's because your brain is coming into realisation that you aren't actually ill, you aren't going to have an anyrusim, it stops sending warning signals. This may or may not work for you, but it did for me!

Aromatheropy/homeopathy- Okay, hear me out. I just used to buy lavender oil, citrus oil (lemon) and another oil i can't remember the name of (it was grecrainium or something). Lavender was the most effective for me (especially at night to help me sleep). I used to put it on a peice of tissue and put it under my pillow, or i even used to carry it around with me in the day so if I was feeling panicky or starting thinking too much I just sniffed it a little and the lavender effect calms your brain. You should also try rescue remedy, I used to take a droplet substance which you drop three times on your tongue a day, it seemed to help.

-Write it out. When you're feeling freaked out, write and don't stop writing. In fact, I used to set myself a 7 minute timer where I used to write without taking my pen off the paper. Just write and don't even think about it, you'd be really suprised about what comes out. Also, you feel mentally satisfied. Again, I reccomened the 'reality check' page, it really helped me. 

-I recently bought a 'stress releiving colouring book', sounds really stupid and maybe a bit childish, but its really calming, and especially when i'm having a bit of an episode doing some theraputic colouring takes my mind of it and just generally calms me.

Those techniques may or may not work for you, but I hope you try some and that they are beneficial to you!! I honestly can't reccomend them enough, I was in an awful state last year. But I managed to get myself through it using those techniques.

So, in summary, you aren't going to have an anyursim. Believe me. (it's not the kind of thing that develops anyway). I used to be scared of getting them too, and get the same symptoms. Heavy eyes, headaches and pressures (+burning, itching, numbness, tingling etc), tired, dizzy, confused, too self aware, the list of symptoms is endless. But you just have to try to give yourself a reality check. Even say it outloud 'I am not ill. I am not going to have an anyursim. I am okay.' If there is someone around, talk to them about it. Talk it out with them. Just ask them to listen because you're having an 'episode' and you need to talk it out. 

I really hope i've helped. My heart really goes out to you because having this fear can be really hard and put a hold on your life. You're doing really well from what you're saying. Keep going with that postiive attitude and try to think posititve!

• Posted

I couldn't have said it better myself smile all of those things That you have listed I have experienced all throughout these past months and they were unbelievably annoying, but I've been working with my psychologist to get my life back on track and I've just been trying so hard to be a happier person and it's honestly helped so much. I barely feel pain anymore. Just the overall anxiety feelings that are still there unfortunately.
    • Posted

Every thing your are saying is so true. I don't want to let my anxiety control me I have to let go and stop beating mysef up for things in the past and keep telling myself that all these symptoms are anxiety and there is nothing wrong with me. It is reassuring to know others have these same symptoms and that I'm not alone. The burning in the head scares me but knowing others have felt that makes me feel a bit better. Thank you and I definalty need to find some other hobbies to keep me busy and keep my mind busy.
    • Posted

That's great to hear that you don't feel much pain anymore! It means you're doing really well and fighting the situation. That was the problem with me in the end, my GAD was causing all the symptoms and I had to find ways to deal with it. This year, obviously I still get phases but my anxiety is so much better, I can go out and rarely get symptoms of illness anymore. I barely notice it these days. You have to let it run its cause, I can promise you from the bottom of my heart it will get better!
    • Posted

That's absolutley right, you've got to stop letting it control your life. I remember the burning being incredibly annoying, as it's something that goes and comes back a lot. For you I highly suggest the 'symptom log +reality check' and the homeopathy! Honestly, it sounds silly but it really works. A friend reccomeneded the homeopathy, i was convinced it wouldn't work but it worked wonders! Really helped me calm down. Hobbies is definatley a good idea. Make sure you find ones that will keep your brain active such as sports, or painting etc. Believe me when I say, it passes. Honestly you WILL get through, i never thought I would but I did. It just takes learning to cope with it, and learning to live your life with it. Eventually, you may get to a stage (like i have) where you barely notice it at all! 
    • Posted

Well, one of the remedys i used was literally called 'Rescue Remedy', which you can get in lots of forms such as tablets, droplets or just an oil.

The other oils, i cant remember the brand name, but the brand doesn't matter. If you just look for 'essential oils' and the ones I used were Lavender, (helps calm you, helps you if you're trying to fall asleep too!), Gerainium (helps keep you postivie, uplifiting) and I used a citrus one called lemongrass (helps you feel refreshed if you've had a bad nights sleep, helps your brain concentrate a little). But i picked my oils based on what I was suffering with, all kinds of flavours do all sorts of different things! I would definatley reccomed the lavender oil, but have a look online or in shops and see into which oils might be best for you! (I live in the UK, not sure where everyone else is from but I know that these are worldwide items). Happy to help smile

• Posted

anyone now how you unvote something? Accidently voted for my own answer haha!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.