Anything for extreme bloating all the time?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there. I`ve suffered from ibs for years. To start with, it was just periodically, but now there`s no let up. Had barium meals, tests for coeliac diseae, ovarian cancer - all ok thank goodness. Don`t find any particular food makes it worse. Have tried Spasmonal, Colofac, Colpermin, Fybogel. Out of those Colofac appears to work best

However, last few months, I am continually bloated. Mainly in stomach itself eg part immediately under ribs and going up into ribs. Sometimes over bowel area too. Each time i eat/drink, i feel even more enormous than before. The bloated/full feeling never goes down. SO uncomfortable. Any ideas anyone? Thanks x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i also suffer with bloating and take Simeticone or Windeze tablets not the gel caps.

You can purchase these over the counter in Boots, They help me a lot.

• Posted

thanks for your reply. I have tried Windeze gel capsules and not work. Have not seen other types. Where from?
  • Posted

Try Total Candida Defence, working for me after one week! Also an IBS sufferer
  • Posted

Hi, I also suffer from severe bloating and now it's pretty much constant, I've been given many things to try to help it up nothin has worked, I'm male, 6 ft and slim and at times my stomach makes me look pregnant, it's a horrible annoyance
  • Posted

Hi, I just wonder have you thought about SIBO, it sounds fairly similar to my symptoms which have been diagnosed as SIBO. Look it up on the internet or on this forum. I have posted on this issue here too. There is a test available, your gastroenterologist should be able to arrange this.
  • Posted

This has also been a problem for me for a long time.

Aside from the obvious foods that cause bloating, like beans, many IBS experts (including one of the leading experts Prof Whorwell) advises that too much fibre (especially from cereals and leafy vegetables) can cause these problems. Of course, cutting out fibre causes other problems (constipation) so for me it's about finding the happy medium.

I find drinking peppermint tea really helps reduce bloating. Also, simply lying down flat and relaxing can also reduce my bloating. I've found that a brisk walk also helps.

For me the problem can be really irritating. I wake up in the morning with a flat stomach looking like I have 'abs of steel' and by the evening I can look 5 months pregnant!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.