Anything to help neck pain?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

One of my main painful points is at the back of my neck and shoulders. Does anyone have any advice about easing this? I take ametriptaline at night which helps throughout the day but in the evening the pain is annoying and constant. Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hollymayshipton

I get this a lot when I am on the computer too long I get a really bad burning pain in my neck and shoulders my gp prescribed piroxicam gel I have been using it for over 5 years without any side effects (or you can buy ibuprofen gel) you massage it in it has helped relieve the stiffness and reduced the pain but please check with your gp first as it's an anti inflammatory and not suitable for every one with fibro due to other health issues alternatively if you apply a heat pad or hot water bottle wrapped in a tea towel this can help ease the pain  take care gentle hugs 

shirl x

• Posted

Hi Hollymayshipton

Have you tried bio freeze.  My physio uses it after my massage and it works for me. Alternatively I use a lavender and wheat bag which is put in the microwave for a couple of minutes before use. Lovely and warm and smells pleasant too.

• Posted

I use a lavender wheat bag that I just warm up in the microwave. The heat on the back of my neck really soothes the pain.x
  • Posted

Hello

I get this too, daily. All I use is heat pads, warmed in the microwave or a hot water bottle. It does help ease the pain.

• Posted

Hi Holly I have this constantly but advice on here once was to try magnesium spray oil which you can buy from health shops not naming names but widely available from at H&B

I also take magnisium daily, my rhumitologist informed me that there is no medical evidence that it works but she has had very positive feed back from her fibromyalgia clients,

I was very surprised that after years of different pain relief this works well for me,

I have two now one for muscles and one for joints as I have lupus as well

I was so relieved that this helps a lot

I found heat was more a comfort thing rather than relief

But fibro is so complexed it's what works for you

Try not to get over tiered that can make you feel worse

Hope you find something that works for you

Gentle hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.