Anyway of trying to raise mood via diet exersize or something alternative

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don't like medication and all ssris make my mood rise and they put me on the stabelisers but depression is really bad right now and I'm stressing out , any help would be much appreciated. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi gram66555,

Sorry to hear your struggling. A few questions I would like to ask, if your cool with that. I am Bipolar one and still struggling with trial and error with perscribed medication cocktails for over a year nowsad. I am cycling through a depressive cycle now, I understand. Are you taking your meds on schedule & adhereing to regular psychiatrists' appointments? How long have you been on the medication your presently taking? I have read a platheora of literature on Bipolar and other mental illnesses since my diagnoses of Bipolar one. It helps me to understand my illness and how impacts my daily life and those around me.

Exercise, sleeping and eating well really does positively influence mental illness. I notice the positive influence it has even when I am struggling through tears as I try to get through the day.

Keep taking your meds and work with your doctor to taper off meds and follow a treatment plan together. Tell your doctor everything about what your experiencing and for how long. Keep a mood journalsmile. Mood journals are available as APPS on your phone. Google mood journal apps, and find one that work for you. Take this info to your doctor too, a very helpful tool.

One more thing, I love coffee! I shouldn't drink it, but its my friendwink. I can't have more than three cups because I get even more incredibly depressed. Truly caffeine intake needs to be monitored.

I have had ECT treatments to help my depression during my hospitiazation. That was two years ago and my doctor and I are procedding for me to have ECT again. This disease totally sucks. But at least I am not "Talking to Barney the Purple Dinosaur", anymore. Its a rough road but at least your reaching out and asking. Look for a mental health support group you can physically attend in your community. I am establishing a network of professional support. Since my family doesn't bother with me and are ashamed of my illness.

I do hope you will find relief soon and your totally with the right online community here.

Good luck!

I

• Posted

Hi thanks for the reply, I'm currently not on medication apart from pregablin I think it's called (lyrica) is for pain relief and anxiety.i don't attend psycatrist appointments because when I came of the mood stabiliser they just put me somewhere else, I don't suffer to much "High moods" without and ssri in my system but it could happen ps sorry to hear ur in a depressive cycle.im in a completely vicious cycle right now because if I take the ssri my mood most likely will rise and they will put me on a stabeliser and I don't want that because they just impact so negatively on me but the way I used to keep myself stable was diet and exersize and right now I can't exersize because I have so much pain and I think the doctors are starting to think I have fibromyalgia or psychosomatic (which I know nothing about either) my anxiety is through the roof right now so I do apologise if this is not written correctly and I wish you a nice stable mood smile ps I do attend local help group but I don't return for a few weeks just because of holidays.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.