Aortic aneurysm at age 26?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 26 years old, 165lbs (and slowly dropping weight) and diagnosed with G.A.D.

Starting from the beginning, I had a bad panic attack about two weeks ago that landed me in the hospital for a possible heart attack (Thankfully it wasn't) and I've been worried about my health ever since. I've had aches and pains all over my body, as well as what I believe were heart palpitations, but those were split-second, and I've also experienced a slight lack of balance when I move, but that's mostly when I'm at work. As for my body, I've mostly felt these on my left side, from my chest to my arm, down to my leg but they were split-second sensations and I could replicate them when I pressed on them. All of my bloodwork (D-Dimer, complete metabolic panel), EKG's and Xrays came back negative for heart attack or blood clot, but even after that I'd still feel aches and pains, like I had a blood clot traveling through my body. After I calmed down I felt yet ANOTHER sensation while at work today: It was like a very VERY subtle weight in the right side of my face, but no facial drooping, no severe balance issues, no slurred speech, and this sensation lasted all day. About two weeks after I started exercising the weather took a turn for the worse and as such I haven't been able to exercise outdoors, but I've noticed this week that I have a dull muscular ache running from the base of my spine down my thigh and calf, but no symptoms other than that. I've been working on exercising more and eating healthier, but I really don't want to go to the ER again, especially if it's just anxiety or stress-related. I don't want my poor eating habits to come back to bite me either, especially when I'm just now trying to get better. I just need reassurances that what I'm experiencing is stress/anxiety-induced and not an aortic aneurysm.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I take it back about there not being other symptoms. I feel a slight weight in my left calf and it feels like my thigh is partially swollen, but I can't tell.

• Posted

Do you have a regular doctor that you can talk to about all these issues? I would definitely not let it go. It could be something serious. Just because blood work comes back normal doesn’t mean there isn’t an issue somewhere. You are very young, so whatever it is should be addressed immediately so you can take care of it. 
    • Posted

I hate this, though. Trying to stay calm only to read up on another condition thats life-threatening. I have a huge fear of dying and the fact that this cropped up for whatever reason is driving me crazy. I'm almost to tears, I'm so done with this.

• Posted

I know it’s hard, but try not to assume that you are dying. I have been through that off and  on as well, because I do have a TAA and other heart issues and now maybe early kidney failure. 
  • Posted

I always review and ask for copies of all of my medical records. I had something on one of my reports about an ascending aortic aneurysm or some other wording. So when I addressed it with my doctor, they did an MRA and an MRI. This started several years ago and fortunately, mine hasn’t grown much it started at 3.9 and it’s only 4.2 now. But I also have other heart  issues which complicate matters.

Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress and findings. You are not alone with your concerns or fears. We are all in this together, regardless of our individual issues. 

• Posted

Still a bit on edge, but I stretched out and worked the parts of my back and leg that were aching and the aches went away.  Still dealing with sciatica in my left leg, somewhat, but the back ache is gone.
    • Posted

I just had quick, pinpoint sharp pain in my stomach and the left side of my back while drinking water, and now my anxiety is in over drive, but I have no other symptoms related to aortic dissection or aneurysm.
    • Posted

No tearing feeling or shock either.
    • Posted

Went away after 10 mins. Feeling normal after an hour
    • Posted

Noticed a muscle-like ache in my belly, but no severe pain. Honestly I think I've had that ache for a while since I've cut down on fast food.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.