aortic aneurysm rupture

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just lost my fiancee because of this and am trying to find out what causes the aneurysm to rupture. I get answers to why people get aneurysms (none of which apply to him) but no answers as to what causes it to finally rupture.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Maybe a blood clot it contained detached and left it substantially weakened. Try not to beat yourself up over it, undiagnosed these things are lethal sad
  • Posted

Its probably nothing specific that has caused it to rupture. People with aa's have a thinning of an artery wall which like the previous person says, rarely gets picked up as it doesnt cause any problemc, its is just like a worn out tube, it breasks where the weakness is and in the majority of people, its too late to do anything. Sometimes they can be picked up as people with them might have different blood pressures form one arm to another but in most cases, it just pops with a very sad consequence. I am so sorry to hear about your fiancess - so sad but honestly , there is nothing you could have donex
  • Posted

My husband has been diagnosed with a very rare aneurism that has a large mass around it. They can't operate yet as he's on a tablet thinning his blood due to heart related problem. Has anybody had any experience of this problem?
  • Posted

If he is taking Warfarin they can give him drugs to counteract the blood thinning but not with the newer anti coagulants.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.