aortic dissection type a

Posted , 2 users are following.

hubby survived aortic dissection type a followed by 3 mths for mediastinitis .

is now in again 6 mths after discharge with another ibfx.anyone had similar

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Joan, not sure what you mean by ibfx but I survived a dissected aneurysm in 2018, had a graph repair and mechanical valve. I found out last month that I now have a ventricular pseudoaneurysm that developed in a weakened area where I apparently had some muscle damage. I am waiting for a date for surgery to repair this. I had not heard of this before. Anyone else have this issue?

• Posted

Hi Yes hubby has pseudo aneurysm caused by op but at mo not needing op thank goodness .they're monitoring it .I meant infection on last post .good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.