Apixaban eliquis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone come off of Eliquis apixaban? If so how did or do you feel?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi Samantha . I am taking Apixaban 2 a day. I had a PE. last August. I had been improving steadily. But the last week I feel really out of breath and tired. Have you been told to stop taking it. How long have you been on it. ?
    • Posted

Ive been on since early november for pe in both lungs. I have my ct scan in april and if there gone i can come off according to my hematologist.
    • Posted

Hi I have clots in both lungs. Just been left to cope. I presumed I had to take Apixaban for ever.
    • Posted

You should get blood work done to xheck if your factor v or protien c d efficiency. You may not have to be onbit for life.
  • Posted

Looking to come off warfarin and onto apixaban. Any bad side effects?
    • Posted

My side effects are muscle tightness and back achs. I do get chest pain but im not sure if thats from the apixaban or not. But for the most part its ok.
    • Posted

Hi Samantha. How long did you wait before you had bloods checked. Difficult to tell what is a side affect of Apixaban or if it is from the clots. ?
    • Posted

I have been on it since november and ive never got my blood check. I think my achs and muscle pain is from it but i dont know about my chest. My hear is fine my cardiologist said it could be my back but dont know for sure.
    • Posted

Thanks Samantha. I have bad back pain and aches around my kidneys and chest. I put it down to the clots. My heart is ok too. It still takes me ages to hoover as I have to keep stopping. I still can't walk more than 1/2 mile before I struggle. Two flight of Stairs are out of the question. Just have to keep positive. better than I was before Christmas. x

• Posted

Ya i hear ya. I had a bilateral pe in november andd the first 3 months i was scared and in pain. I got for my ct scan in apirl and if there gone then i can come off the apixaban. So i have my fingers crossed.
    • Posted

I have been on it since December.  I have neck stiffness that will not subside.  I also have had bouts of confusion and dizzyness (could be oxygen level) I just don't feel "right" on it.  I am hoping to come off of it in June so I am just toughing it out.

• Posted

I have the neck stiffness too along with muscle stiffness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.