Apoamlodlpine and hairloss

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have recently stated taking this and my hair is falling out heaps. Feeling very emotional when seeing so much hair falling out.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

This medication has a whole range of serious side effects. I ended up in A&E after taking only 2. Do you really need it. My BP is stabilised by taking Magnesium and 1 glass of beetroot juice a day. No side effects. The stress of losing your hair will cause high BP!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I don't know how much I need it. Had 3 blood pressure checks, 1 per week. Then had a text message from my doctor to come and pick up my script. Then we were put into lock down as a country (NZ). heading into 3rd week of it now.

Oh my! The hair loss is out of control.

Will have to email them and wait for a reply/answer.

Don't know what to do from here...

• Posted

I too had hair loss and swollen ankles and calves when taking Amlodipine. I finally convinced my doctor to take me off that BP med and he put me on Irbesartan. Ankles and legs stopped swelling and hair stopped falling out. Good Luck!

• Posted

Just stop taking it. With such serious side effects what else is it doing to your system? We sometimes have to use our own common sense and take responsibility for our own bodies instead of handing it over to a stranger in a white coat..

• Edited

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad there is a reason for my hairloss. Well its given me hope. Its scary what this medication has done to our system.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.