Apologies to anyone I might've offended. Emotional support needed.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I apologize to couple of people I called dumb in my previous post. The truth is that I'm extremely stressed out and took it out on you. 

I'm 30 yo. Single gal living in a third world country with no support from government whatsoever. Long story short, because of mono, I was so out of it- couldn't function properly  at work, that my employer asked me to leave. I was too fatigued to fight for my job. I've been unemployed since September 1. I owe people money. I have no savings. I keep looking for jobs applying everywhere but no one is calling me back. My family is not supportive, thinking I fake mono 'because it doesn't last that long'. I'm extremely upset all day every day. In order to pay back what I owe and to pay for rent I might sell my car. It's a cheap car so that money wouldn't last long. Frustrated. Scared. Anxious af.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey Gee,

I really do understand how the virus gets you so down and frustrated. You haven't upset me so don't worry and of course I accept any apology - I think that was a very brave and sincere message you sent there and you deserve a lot of credit for that. I apologise too if I've said anything wrong or misleading in my messages.

I just really hope and pray things get better Gee, I do believe that they will and that this is just a trial that you will overcome in life - hang in there and just take each day as it comes.

Thinking of you and hoping for a good day today.

Craig

• Posted

You didn't upset me. I sensed a lot of anxiety in your post so I didn't respond to avoid conflict or drama etc

Sorry your dealing with this. That is awful 😟 all i can say is keep applying for jobs at least one a day and try to go in there, meet with the owner to give your resume in person. That will give you a better chance.

I hope things get better soon

• Posted

Thank you guys. That's very kind of you.

Funny thing that when I was really really sick I said if my health starts improving I'd be happy no matter what because health is a priority. Well it seems to start improving finally at 6.5 months but I'm still depressed ugh. More aboat money now. Freaking human nature. 

• Posted

It's normal. This virus knocked me so hard and I actually convinced myself that there is nothing wrong with me, it's all in my head, I'm just depressed etc etc and if force myself to join the gym and leave the house everyday for a week and then boom id crash again so badly even while forcing myself to be active and positive and not allowing the anxiety to take over.

But it's also normal to feel down and depressed when you feel like crap. Most people get the flu once a year for 2weeks. Lucky them! 🙈

• Posted

I feel you so much. I have the exact same thoughts. I also lost a job because of this disease too. My family doesn't understand me as well, I had to threaten then with suicide so they let me stay at home. I've been sick for 7 months.

• Posted

I called you guys dumb but the dumbest person on Earth is actually me. I quit boring but stable job to join something exciting yet less paying. Way less... I kept on withdrawing money for a year from my savings while working there in order to sustain until there were no more savings. Then it poured when it rained. This american married drunk a-hole forcefully kissed me at the bar. It was just one freaking kiss. Next day he casually said he's got mono. Couple of months later I got sick. It didn't occur to me I've got mono until 4 months later(stupido). I kept thinking it's something way worse like autoimmune diseases or cancer or hiv. Got tested for everything under the sun except for mono. Mono was the last thing on my list. It was not even on my list, I came to it by exclusion of everything else. Got fired in between of all that mess.

Part of me doesn't want to regret. That year of my life I actually lived. I drank, I danced. And btw that kiss was the best kiss of my life. Had he asked me to sleep with him that night, I probably would, that's how good the kiss was. And that's the extent of my stupidity in this life.

• Posted

Stop putting yourself down. We're all going through the same thing. This virus has robbed us all of something and it sucks but it's not your fault. And you took a chance with the job, didn't pay off but it happens to everyone at some point. I quit my dead end boring as hell depressing but stable job a few years back for something else that sounded good at the time. Didn't work out. The owner was actually a demon and didn't like me for no reason. I usually get on very well with most people so i still think she was the issue, not me. Anyway she let me go a few months in for no reason. She said the business was struggling and it may close (still open).. I just put it down to bad luck and moved on. You will get through this

• Posted

Hey Gee,

Don't be so hard on yourself, it's natural to get frustrated, I know I was when I went through the virus and went through spells feeling how you were too....it's in the past and you're right just to focus your energies on the right things and getting better and you will be happy again and free from this smile ....it takes a lot of courage to come on and say sorry and I really admire you for that.

Craig

• Posted

I hope everything turns out ok for you. Don't blame yourself, I also kissed the wrong person but it could've happened to anyone. I think we were just unlucky... I don't know. It's just a virus, a nasty one. Anyway, I'll send good vibes your way and some prayers. 

• Posted

Hey Dan / Gee,

Yes it's just unlucky getting the virus, certainly don't beat yourself up about how you got it or anything - it can happen to anyone and it can be passed through sharing drinking glasses and things like that too. Still thinking about you both and hoping today can be a good day - it's such a frustrating time I know but you will get through this, you really will.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.