APOLOGIZE

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am writing this to apologize for the last post.  I did not write it to mislead anyone about women.  We all work hard to have a good life.  I wrote it to say that a man has it harder when it come to medical problems in there private area.  A women can have it fix much quicker then a man. When a man has a problem going to the bathroom it is much harder to fix because there can be other problem that can come up when fixing that problem  Thais is all I one trying to say  Have a good day  Ken

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thanks Ken, and may I add...

It is rather ironic, than in a society that undeniably is more patriarchal in nature, where men have all sorts of documented adventages, that the issues we discuss here are treated in what seems to this observer/recipient, too often shabby, uninformed ways.

It starts with TURP-as-the-Gold-Standard, and continues with, "Of course you'll be able to pee and have sex like you used to!"  

Incontinence and ED, experienced by many on this forum, are rarely presented as real and present dangers with many of the options available.  Those mostly male Urologists just seem to breeze along, with old information, and often repsenting false information to unsuspecting patients.

Thanks again, Ken.

• Posted

Amen Brother ! We need to do our homework to stay in the side of the Angels...cheers.
    • Posted

That is true they all say the same thing. There will be no problem or change  But cutting away at the prostate does cause problem.  There are so many vein and nerves attached to the prostate it does cause a problem.  I am happy that there are some new procedure coming up put you have to watch what you have.  My doctor has just started doing rezum there is a chance of 10% retro because the steam will distroy the tissue of the semminal vessals because it is tissue.  The steam can't detect from the prostate or the vessal.  I have ask if they can only do the right side and leave the left alone.  He told me if that is what the patient wants that is what he will do but he as to tell them that they would not get the full avantage of the treatment.  2 men on here did it and they were fine.  I feel we should make the treatment fix us not the other way around.  Take care  Enjoy the rest of your sunday  Ken 

• Posted

My female primary care physician made the statement to me that she feels sorry for her aging male patients, facing in her words with a century old prostate surgery leading to incontinence and impotence. I was discussion bph treatment options with her and she stated that in the previous week she had two patients crying in the exam room because of TURP side effects. This was a large part of my search for an alternate treatment: PAE, FLA, or Urolift.
    • Posted

Richard is she doing anything to stop or help the patient.  Like stop doing turps and going for something else.  My urologist has.  His main goal is to help the patient not cause him more problems  Take care  Ken 
  • Posted

Hi Ken,

I didn't find anything offensive or needing an apology in your last post, but maybe I'm not as politically correct as I should be smile

Jim

• Posted

Is that post still around? I looked for it again and couldn't find it. 

Jim

• Posted

I don't have one.  It was taking off within 24 hours...I don't think there was anything in it that was not right.  It was all true    Ken 

• Posted

Not at all. I understand women have high maintenance parts, to put it bluntly. But it's true when it comes to men, there's little to no choices in terms of docs and options. Just talking about men's issues is almost a taboo. Seems most of our options can lead to no orgasm, no desire, ED, RE, all kinds of issues and the medical profession doesn't seem to feel it's a issue either because of age or the desire to be able to pee and sleep all night.

• Posted

that is true.  I got this from my urologist  He will not do anything to cause retro or ED RE to a patient.  He will not do a turp on a man unless there is no other option  He is only 38 and very brite and being a young man he is aware of mens problem.  Women do have it rough to a pointe  but if a man has one problem it can lead to many others.  Take it easy  Ken  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.