Apparently "Red Eye" but isn't it Jaundice?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

So I'll be honest I stare at a computer screen for days on end and i'm sure a majority of people fall victim to these devices... I basically have eyes more a less the same as this persons which has been taken from a simple Google Search.

My concern is that isn't it jaundice? If you look closely towards the corners especially the right corner of the eye you can see it's clearly visible of a "Yellow" tint.

My questions...

1) Doesn't yellow indicate liver problems or infection?

2) How can you distinguish between jaundice and red eye when they both present a Yellow Tint.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Looks more like blepharitis.  Suggest you go to your doctor and maybe not use computer so often.

hope you get it sorted out.

• Posted

That being said,your eye is very red,could be bleparitis or even dry eye. Best to see an optometrist.
  • Posted

You need to rule out raised liver enzymes. This can only be done by having a blood test.

If they are raised the dr can advise you further. Try not to worry as the liver can recover if indeed the enzymes are raised in the first place. An optometrist cannot carry out or order a blood test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.