Appealing pip esa

Posted , 3 users are following.

If you are appealing against a decision for either pip or esa do dwp keep paying you or stop paying you until a final decision is made

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes they do, unless with ESA you were found "fit for work" then they stop paying you your ESA.

• Posted

With PIP if you were refused after a review then your payments would continue for 4 weeks and then stop.
    • Posted

Hi DEnise - could I ask if you know whether pip would stop if you were awarded standard but wish to appeal for enhanced in either daily living or mobility.  Eg would you still get paid the rate for standard until the decision has been made?  Thanks
    • Posted

Hi,

Yes you would BUT they would look at the whole award again and not just 1 part of it, so you risk losing everything you have.

• Posted

Hm that didn't answer your question when i re-read it sorry lol. You would be paid what you've been awarded during appeal process. Remember that Mandatory Reconsideration decisions usually remain the same.

• Posted

Thanks Denise - I have just been reassessed for pip.  I am currently on enhanced for both daily/mobility but just looking at the worst case scenario - ie if I don't get the same awards again!  My health has got worse not better and I felt my f2f assessment went 'ok' but you never know with assessors as they can say one thing and write another in your report!  I have read some horror stories!

• Posted

No problem. Yes that's true, you do hear of some horror stories. There are good stories out there but we don't hear about them because if someone's had a decision they're happy with they don't have any questions to ask.

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision will be because mostly the DM goes with what's stated in that report. It's very rare for them to go against it. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi, yes I have requested a copy of my report, but I was told it wouldn't be sent out until after my decision has been made!  Yes, there are some horror stories out there - of poor claimants who were on enhanced then lost all their benefits - you can just never tell!

• Posted

After a decision's been made?? Well i'd advice ringing again because they can and will send that report out before a decision's been made. It's ESA they won't send it out. Looks like the person you spoke to wasn't honest with you. eek

• Posted

Grrrr - think I will ring tomorrow then!  I bet it is because if a claimany wishes to appeal the decision then they will have less time to look through the report once it is sent out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.