Appendiceal Mucocele

Posted , 4 users are following.

In January I wwent to the ER for bloating and pressure in my abdomen. They ran labs, and did a CT scan with contrast. They said I had a cyst on my ovary. Well I seen my gynecologist and it turns out I do not have a cyst on my ovary. However I have a "mucocele". I was reffered to a GI dr and am planning to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy done. I can't find any information on this. All I can really find out is that it's very rare. I am very nervous and have myself very worked up about it, my doctors really havent given me much to go on. Is there anyone who is familiar with this at all or that has been in this siuation and could give me some kind of feedback. Anything would be helpful.. Thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi...years ago I ended up in the ER as my uterus was in contraction....they later determined after 3 enemas sending me home and returning in the am it was endometriosis. Idiots. Anyways...I had both an endoscopy and colonoscopy a year ago. Mine was done in the hospital under iv sedation. They're scopes that look in ur stomach and colon for any abnormalities. Nothing to be nervous about. I went to sleep and woke up remembering nothing. They also did a few biopsies of lesions and tissues which turned out ok.

When is ur appt? The worst part about the procedure was the preparation.....drinking the powder and water mixture to clean u out. Brutal.

• Posted

hi there,i have had pressure on my stomach,worse in eating.fobbed off few years ago with IBS know its not -no symptoms.have tightness in neck,facial swelling but worst symptom is heaviness and pain in abdo and pelvis -evident from time i get up/had not had a ct scan-endoscopy and colonoscopy are ok .i was sedated for mine.i wouldnt be too worried about them -are you having sedation?
    • Posted

I am getting sedation.. but I have pretty bad asthma. Bothers me alot at night when I'm asleep, so I'm a little nervous about doing this. My dr does it in his office... not a hospital. I'm more curious if anyone knows of what a mucocele is especially near my appendix... just doesn't look or sound too good lol.
    • Posted

im sure they will monitor you well .i cant say ive heard of a mucocele.
    • Posted

A mucocele doesn't necessarily indicate anything serious. It's like a nodule or cyst. When is ur appt?
    • Posted

My appt was scheduled for Monday morning..  however I cancelled it this morning. I have asthma, and my symtpoms have gotten kind of bad the last few weeks, especially at night and waking me up. So I was a little nervous about having the procedure done Monday with this going on. My dr does his procedures in the office. Not at a hospital. So there is no anasthesiologist in the office if someting were to go wrong. The office is suppose to call me Monday, I'm hoping maybe they will consider doing the procedure at my local hospital instead.. I would feel better being somewhere that has the equiment if I were to have an attack while being under, and having an anasthesiologist who can monitor the whole time. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.