Appendicular???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. So I had CT scan to do abdominal pain, CT came back and told me I have something called "Appendicular" I think? and it means that food gets stuck in my appendix, and he also told me not to worry because my appendix is not inflamed. Does anybody else have this? Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Could it be Appendicolith? I have one. It's a blockage usually by fecal matter, but it can also be food particals. Your prob 80% at higher risk for appendicitis. I'm supposed to have my elective appendectomy on Tuesday, but i hv a cold grrrr.... hopefully they'll still do it!

• Posted

Thats prob what it is! Lol he said food gets stuck there. Im frightened to death my appendix is gonna burst. Always have a little pain in the area. Do you experience pain with this? and good luck, hopefully they still will 😊

• Posted

Reading up on Apendicoliths on Google, i found that in most cases, it is Asymptomatic (meaning no to little symptons occur), but i have pain with mine. You will know if you have appendicitis as from what I've heard, is the worse pain next to child birth you'll ever feel! I hope it doesn't come down to that for you, but you can discuss surgery to avoid that outcome with your Dr. 9 times out of 10, Drs want to have it removed just in case. Sadly, my surgery has been put off till the 20th next month. Hopefully no appendicitus in the meantime! Let me know how it goes for you! 😊

• Posted

Aww no that sucks! And same goes for you, hopefully it doesn't come down to that! I'm gonna discuss it with my DR cause if not i'll have myself drove grey lol. Let me know how it goes for you also 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.