apple cider vinegar and acidic reflux(GERD)

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Does apple cider vinegar really works now? Im 26. couldnt think abt taking ppi for life long. Kindly advice.

1 like, 7 replies

Report

7 Replies

  • Posted

    Some things will help until you get to the stage whereby you need ppis just to function as I did. Then when they stopped working I had surgery
    Report
  • Posted

    Many acids work for acid reflux. Coca cola 's phosphoric acid is my most effective.

    Warning, vinegar can hurt the skin - It hurts mine quite badly - so it's how to get acid into the stomach without burning mouth and throat that is the key.

    Some people use squeezed lemon juice or even hydrochloric acid of the right strength.

    Also, it's important to stop taking ant-acids as for many people they actually cause acid reflux due to "acid rebound" 

    Report
    • Posted

      your so right some people live on these thinking they can eat any amount of food that burns and just take ant acid to sort it but one its dangerous because it can cause other health problems with imunity 

      and to your covering up a problem of rebound . 

      my digestive troubles before i knew better with my last pregancy i had terriable acid unlike my first 2 which only was mild and lasted for just a little while , the doc gave me gaviscon and told me i could take up to a tube a day  even when pregnant . 

      it changed my stomach acid ph and things i could eat i no longer could  after .i also started with skin rashes as while and a dislike for salt . 

      if i had had internet back then  i would have checked them out and would never have taken them .

      Report
    • Posted

      start of low say tsp in warm water and with raw honey  

      some people try and be clever and take it neat 

      this is very dangerous ,can stop you breathing 

      raw apple cider vinger turns from an acid to an akaline when consummed .always rinse your mouth out after to rinse your teeth 

      do not brush as any remaing acid you will brush into the enamel 

       

      Report
    • Posted

      Hi,

      I have stomach ulcers and moderate oesphaghastis But no heartburn. This post scared me, the doctor put me on protonix 40mg for 3 months for my ulcers to heal. I drink one cup of cabbage juice everyday. My stomach pH was 3.5 should be 4.5 I believe. I hope the ppi does not have a serious effect But I read 3 months doesn't really have any side effects. I will try to weane off them toward the end with elm, dgl, mastic gum (maybe won't use this since I don't got h pylori) and cabbage juice. I heard good things about apple vinegar too.

      Report
  • Posted

    all i know is i am giving it ago because it makes sense all though an acid before drinking it becomes akaline after 

     

    if you have low stomach acid you will have problems with digestion  

    and reflux . 

    i am starting of slow , by using a tsp in a small glass of warm water and some raw honey see how i go .

    not sure what the recommended daily dose is i think a tbs tablespoon

    which is four tsps , you must buy raw apple cider vinger .with the cloudy stuff in it which is called MOTHER  its full of enyzems . try it and see is all i can say lots of people swear by it .  rinse your mouth with water after as it can damage your teeth . do not take neat because it can take your breath away . some people can but best be careful .

    Report
  • Posted

    I triedvinegar live with the 'mother' short term, but wanted long term results. I got long term results from taking Milk Thistle Complex Tablets.

    They are a good Liver cleanser. But the reason they may work as far as i can find out is -Though small in size, the gallbladder plays an important role in our digestion of food. The gallbladder holds bile produced in the liver until it is needed for digesting fatty foods in the duodenum of the small intestine.

    Report

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up