Apple Cider Vinegar for Menopause Symptoms...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi -

Has anyone here tried (or doing) apple cider vinegar (acv) for symptoms, with success?  I have been using it for years with baking soda to help with upset stomach.  I used to take it every night just in case I had a gerd episode.   I stopped doing it on a regular basis over a year ago and now I'm wondering if I was better FOR doing it every night and just didn't realize it.  I have read that some women do it (2 tsp - 2 Tbs in 8oz filtered water with stevia or honey) in the morning and at night and it really helps them with hot flashes.  It seems like it has all the nutrients/supplements that our bodies need during this stage in our life.  Worth a check??  I'm going back on it today and will keep you posted of results.  I've changed my diet, and try (try!!) to be active, but i still have the heat and now am having slight sweating at night that sometimes wakes me up.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi did your symptoms go whilst on the acv, how long did it take to kick in, and may I be cheeky and ask why did you stop taking it if it was working.  😃
    • Posted

i stopped taking it because i no longer had the gerd issues.  i wasn't really having flushing issues as badly as i am these last 2 months.  i have, however, been in perimenopause with minimal issues the last 4 years, and had very few flushes back then. i also have hypothyroidism and it's so hard to distinguish what is causing what, lol!   up until these flushes started getting really bad since 2 months past, i wondered if that's what may have kept them away or minimal. 
  • Posted

hi what one did you have,was it with mother or just acv from supermarket ?i have the tablets x
  • Posted

Hello Kristi,

I started taking acv a few days ago after seeing a post on this forum. It hasn't had any affect on my night sweats and I have actually been waking up 'wetter' this week. I also have fibroids and I have noticed that my abdomen is less bloated and not as tender. So I am sure it is having a positive effect on the fibroids.

• Posted

i just started taking twice a day, so it may take some time???  i've not had sweating at night in the last 3 nights;  may just be coincidence as i've only just started the sweating at night in the last 2 weeks and about 3 times a week.  we shall see.   **it's good for other things as well - digestive organs especially.  i wish i'd just kept taking it.
  • Posted

god the last 3 nights i been sweating,dont no why im taking all the same stuff apart from i run out of amitryplin,so no sleepcryhopefully get it today.It could also be the weather has warmed up,i wait and see x
    • Posted

i turn the air down at night and sleep under a fan.  a couple of nights a week i'll wake up either freezing or too hot.  the other night i had a dream i was freezing and kept pulling the comforter up and still couldn't get warm.  when i woke up my chest and arms were  covered, but my bottom was exposed to the fan.  lol!!  no sweating last 4 nights...woot!   sorry about yours... maybe the amitriptyline works for it???  hope you got it!
    • Posted

Lol made me laugh.Well i had my amitryplin and ni it didnt work.I woke up and beads of sweat dripping down my upper body.Im not sure but was thinking although im post and had no period for 3 years,will i still get symptoms every month as though i would get one,Just a thought,maybe i start keeping diary xx
    • Posted

my friend is 4 years post and she thinks her stress is really affecting her hot flashes and night sweats.  so yeah, it's going to happen to some of us.  keep the stress down, stay away from the refined sugar products and exercise.  (easier said than done).  i went another night with no sweating.  still doing the acv twice a day...  hope it's not just coincidence. 
    • Posted

Ye i have got the tablets and ordinary ACV but not with mother in it,i have spent a fortune on all this stuff lol.Glad your ok though and hope it stays like that x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.