Apple Cider Vinegar for pancreatitis?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello all. I have a question for you.

Would consuming ACV help relieve an attack of CP/AP or is it only with gallbladder issues?

Im asking because I have found out, if I drink Apple Cider Vinegar when I have an attack, then the pain will subside in 15-20 minutes. I read this would help relieve gallbladder pain, so I gave it a go and it worked.

Having bouts of attacks since 09, varying in pain and duration (In the beginning it was very painful, but only once a year) now it is just a dull ache once every two months. No radiation to the back. During an attack I sometimes get chills and nausea. The pain is like 1,5-2 inches above my belly button, but when I poke around, it is painful/tender to touch when I press under my right ribcage, and it kinda shoots into where the pain is felt when I dont press below the right ribcage. This place under right ribcage will be tender to touch for like 24 hours after an attack. No pain on the left side, even when pressed during an attack.

I do have trouble with stools (loose and sometimes float) and growling noises in my tummy. This might be when I eat more fats, but I am not sure. I also feel discomfort/pain when I press on my upper abdomen.

I have had bloodwork done, two ultrasounds of abdomen, two endoscopies and a colonoscopy done. All clear.

Doctors say some kind of IBS so far, but I am sure there is more to it. Just unsure of what.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Gallstones. I have the same thing. I do not drink, but alcohol is one of the top factors, as is the way we americans eat - lots of fat and huge portions.

• Posted

Every time i lose weight, i have these issues. ultrasounds revealed a few tiny stones and doctors call it gallstone sludge (gained too much with all five pregnancies). . ACV & milk thistle supplements & a low fat diet have saved me from surgery for the last 25 years!

I am also concerned about my pancreatic health as my mother passed away from pancreatic cancer.

Have you ever gotten relief through medical examination and/or massage? I ask because I swear that the examination released a blockage on 2 occasions & I could feel it draining. Both docs poo- pooed that idea, but it happened.

I have yet to be successful at achieving relief with self administered massage though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.