Applied for PIP

Posted , 5 users are following.

good morning

hope everyone is safe and well

I sent off my form for PIP begining of February but havent had a letter or recieved an appointment

Can it take this long to be assessed

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi as you sent the form the beginning of Feb it's probably going to be held up by the current situation,, is this a brand new claim or a renewal? If I was you I would try ringing them just to be sure its been received and is in the system,, have you not even received maybe an email or text message

It can take weeks even when things are "normal" but will probably be a lot longer at the moment

Take care and stay safe

• Posted

it's a new claim and yes I recieved a text saying they had recieved it so I must be in the system somewhere

But thanks for the reply stay safe

• Edited

Hi,

Under normal circumstances a claim for PIP can take several months. These are not normal circumstances so it could potentially take a lot longer.

As it's only been 2 months that you returned the form, it's very early days yet.

Face to face assessments have been suspended for at least 3 months. This means they will either do a phone assessment, a paper based one or they will wait until face to face assessments are back up and running again and who knows how long that will be.

All you can do is wait.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.