Applying for a blue disabled badge.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Morning all,

I have a question to which i hope someone can answer me.

I am looking for applying for a blue badge and i have heard some people say that when you apply for a blue badge the council require all of my entitlement letter which is like over 20 pages so i can be accepted even though on the first page it states that i am in receipt of PIP enhanced for mobility.

Can anyone clarify please

P.S I am still awaiting for my car to be ready, should only be another month to wait now, fingers crossed.

Thank you  

Natalie x 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Are you sure your PIP award letter is over 20 pages? eekeek or are you thinking of the assessment report? The actual PIP award letter is much less than 20 pages, mine is only 3 pages at the most and my daughters is roughly the same and she scored more points than i did. They will ask for the whole award, because they need to see the address and the points you scored.

• Posted

Just looking at my PIP award and it was actually 6 pages, but only 2 pages are the actual award itself. The first page is the award notice, with dates from and to, then there's a part which states on the decision was made, followed by all the points that were scored. Far less than the 20 pages you say you have. The other pages included a certificate for road tax reduction and other things PIP may entitle you to and these you don't need. All you need is the award itself, with your name and address, followed by the points that you scored. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Ah, I thought they were asking for everything i had got including the report, my bad. Thank you Denise. Thank you for helping me. 
    • Posted

You're welcome. Enjoy that car when you finally collect it. That new car smell!!! cheesygrin

• Posted

Morning Natalie ? just give them your pages that says yer entitlements,they don't need the full thing 🙈

• Posted

Just to let people know, it's given by your local council.  I only have 4 points for mobility and 4 for journeying.  You can apply for one if you don't have all points.  You may have to see an occupational therapist though.  They're a lot better than the HCP's.  I have Crohn's disease and need to park fast for toilets when out.  I also have arthritis and a few other things too.  But i still applied and got one.

• Posted

Yes, you can apply because all local councils are different and they all have their own criteria. However, if a person doesn't automatically qualify there's no guarantee they'll be give the BB. In this case though natalie did score 12 points in the moving around part of mobility PIP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.