Applying for PIP, Blue Badge and Workplace Capability Assessment

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all 😃

I have been referred to the Chronic Fatigue Service after a battery of tests and investigations to rule out everything else possible that could be causing my symptoms. I seem to have gone downhill fast and as such I am not fit for work at the moment, and I am having an assessment on Friday as part of my Universal Credit to assess if I am fit to work at all. My feelings are definitely not as I feel terrible while working and I never get the time to recover. At the moment I am struggling just with day to day activities like housework and showering and this causes me to need to sleep in the day to give me the energy to get through the evening with my daughter.

Has anyone on here had any luck with applying for and being successful with getting PIP and/or a Blue Badge? My GP is being really supportive and is going to write me supporting letters for both applications but I am bracing myself I guess to be turned down for both, and trying to ready myself for a fight with the council and DWP to prove that I can't do things for myself at home repeatedly and safely. I sent off my PIP form a couple of weeks ago but I worry I didn't put enough in it and wonder if there is any other evidence I should send in myself before they make a decision?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I am on universal credit as unfit for work but i failed the first time and lost lots of potential money in benefits, i also lost my rented flat and now live with my parents. I would advise you to NEVER go to the health assesment alone. Make sure they know somebody took you there otherwise, as in my case they will say you are fit to work. I even had to go to court to explain why i think im not fit to work and they still threw it out. The system is really bad right now but i hear it is getting better. When filling in the forms you will need to answer the qeustions as if you are at your worst. So i just answer i am unable to do most things as i am in bed at my worst. You will get the chance to explain them in the assessment. Never give them an inch. Try looking on youtube or just do a search for help filling them in. Just remember that every question should be answered when you at at your worst and you should be fine.

The second assessment i had i went with my mum and we answered the forms as me at my worst, so when it says how far can you walk without pain. You say, i cant walk at all as i am in bed most of the time but when i have recovered enough energy to walk i am in pain straight away. Be aware that answer was a simple example of a similar question i answered based on my experience and in no way should be reletive to you and your symptoms. I am currently applying for PIP as an estate agent said they accept rent from people on benefits as long as they recieve PIP, so im giving it a go.

• Edited

In the US I too had my GP's support on my disability claim It was hard and took five years You can get better, but the financial and residential stresses can be counter productive

You need to learn to manage those, along with all the rest

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.