Appointment for recurrence of rectocele 4 years after repair

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went back to my GP in March as since November i've had to press on the back wall of the vagina to have a bowel movement (which was the initial problem before i had the repair) the GP felt that the rectocele had recurred so she referred me to the hospital and to my consultant. I received my appointment and went on Tuesday of this week however from the first moment i arrived i realised something wasn't quite right. When i went in the DR was looking at my notes and before introducing herself demanded to know why i was seeing her when i had a consultant, i explained that my gp had referred me as she felt the rectocele was back. I was then asked why i'd attended an appointment that wasn't with my own consultants team. She asked a couple of questions and was very abrupt and then decided to do an examination whilst i was getting ready she disappeared and was gone for 10 minutes and was discussing me in the corridor and could be heard. When she came back she repeated i was in the wrong clinic but proceeded to exam me (i have exposed nerves in the vagina and get a lot of pain when touched) she was not very gentle and declared there was nothing wrong. She then left the cubicle and said through the curtain 'i don't disbelieve you but i'll get you an appointment with your consultant and then left the room leaving me alone. The whole thing has left me not wanting to go back and feeling like i've wasted their time. The pain since the examination has been awful even walking hurts, just feeling really unsure and upset

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I would go back to your GP and tell her how you were treated and how upset you are and ask to be seen by someone else. The way you were treated was totally unacceptable. Personally I would have challenged her behaviour! Who was she talking to in the corridor? Was it busy? Breaching patient confidentially does have consequences. No wonder you don't want to go back! You didn't waste her time, she wasted yours! There is no excusd for her behaviour. File a complaint.

• Posted

I would definitely file a complaint! she h as acted in an unprofessional manner! Don't be put off, go back to your GP and see what she has t o say about h o w you were treated! Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.