Appointment next week with Cons.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a long history with gyny issues and know I will have adhesions from previous surgeries over 7 laparoscopies 3 c-sections.

will they treat adhesions and endometriosis whilst they are in there?

what other questions did you ask?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi

sorry I can't help you. 

I have had no abdominal surgery before this one. 

Lee x

• Posted

Hi Teresa. 

Better thank you.

i took the dogs out for a walk today and have done absolutely nothing else today. Taking it easy this week. Headaches have stopped and back a bit easier. Going to,docs on wed. 

How you?

lee xx

• Posted

Getting on fine except for my bowels.Eating grapes and pears as I send this.Have 3 Dulcoease a day,have tried Movicol.Very surprised I am like this as I suffer with IBS.Had quite a relaxing day only going shopping for half an hour then I have been trying to print some photos.Started doing some albums months ago but never finished them so I thought that now is the chance but I can't sit at the computer too long.Just finished my jigsaw yesterday and I don't normally read very often and I have 6 books to read and I finished the first one earlier.

xxx

• Posted

Ha ha you sound like me. 

I was colouring in last week. Oh the joys. 

I took lactulose the first 2 times I went to toilet. Once I went 7 days without going and then 5 days. After taking lactulose I went within the hour. I am pleased to say though that the last twice I have managed to go on my own. I have a strong coffee every morning first thing. I think this helps. 

I get fed up really quickly but if I go out with friends I get tired too quickly. Just feel really unsettled just now. It's horrible

lee x

• Posted

I seem less tired since my op but I don't know how long I had been carrying that extra weight around all the time.I am normally in bed by 10.00pm but last night  it wasn't any later but I was extra tired as I had been to my works agm.This had been my first night out since my op.During the day I like to go out if I can with friends.I am seeing a colleague on Wes for lunch.On Thurs I am seeing a colleague for coffee who had an operation about 5 weeks ago.She thought she had 1hernia and found out after the op that she had 7.

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa what was it they took from you how big was it.I had my op in Sep and yesterday i did a sposered walk i wouldnt of been able to do it lasy year no way xxx
    • Posted

If i sleep during the day I can't sleep at night so I try to stay awake. I feel more physically tired than I did before. I forgot you had your agm last night. Did you enjoy it?  Yes my pals want to see me which is great but I can't really be bothered. Hopefully this mood will pass. What a shame on your friend. That must have been awful. 

Lee x

• Posted

Try and let your friends visit.It will probably help especially if they can take you out for  an hour.You need a change of scenery and a friendly face to talk to.It sounds harsh but you have to make the effort.If I lived near you I would come and visit.

xxx

• Posted

Ahhhhh thanks Teresa. I have such good friends and family but I just need to make more of an effort. None of them really understand as they have not gone through what I have so it's difficult to explain.   I know it's just a phase and I will feel better soon. thanks

lee xx

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I had a TAH 4 weeks ago. I had previous abdominal surgery which caused adhesions to stick to my bowel.

When the surgeon came to see me following day he told me he had dealt with them.

If you are unsure ask the consultant on the day of your surgery.

Hope all goes well for you

Di x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.