Appointment tomorrow for pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering if someone can help I have my appointment for pip tomorrow for depression and anxiety but my esa has been stopped for missing appointment I appealed and lost appeal and they have put me on jobseeker Evan tho my sick not goes for next 6 months any advise please

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would get your GP  to send a letter to the DWP to explain what a profound effect them stopping your benefits  is having on your health. If you have a sick  note for 6 months off work this should be enough to be reinstated. You could send in a copy of this to them with a covering letter from the GP. Also see if your MP could help. Any medical evidence should help. Good luck🍀

• Posted

First you should have a read through your PIP form if you kept a copy, to remind yourself of what you wrote. You should take someone with you if at all possible. The will be watching you from the minute they call you into the room. Be honest is the best advice anyone can give you. Tell them the bad times and the good too, if there's any. There's also plenty of info regarding PIP assessments available on the internet, just google it. I've had 2 and to be honest i didn't find either of them as bad as i was expecting. Good luck.

• Posted

I can't remember what I put on form 4 months ago but since I made claim I am a lot worse so if I tell them different to what I put on form will that be a problem

• Posted

As long as you have evidence to back up your claim then it won't be a problem.

• Posted

You should also always take copies of everything you send them, including any forms, evidence, etc.
  • Posted

Hi I'm assuming you have had your assessment, I hope it went OK, did you take someone with you just for back up.

The worst part is over because no matter what you do now it want make any difference, so try to chill and wait it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.