Apps to track perimenopause symptoms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m tracking symptoms and changes on paper, but it would be easier to use an app. Is anyone using an app that you’ve found useful?

(If only nothing needed to be tracked, but I feel like this is a moving target and I’m having a heck of a time.)

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I didn’t use an app, but I did put notes into my phone so I could check in track my symptoms each week. It really did help me to see the symptoms disappear after month for the most part… Not the new ones wouldn’t pop up of course, things that were just as annoying but it help me realize it was only hormonal and I shouldn’t panic. I bet there is an app that could help with that if you do find a good one preferably free, feel free to share with us. Take care and have a great day. 
  • Posted

What a great idea! I journal mine daily...it's been helpful when I get overwhelmed...look back and see...yep, I have gotten to the other side on that one and I can do it again!

• Posted

Sorry for the weird wording, I was using talk to text and it makes it seem like I don’t have a grasp on the English language sometimes lol..Truth be told, I initially used the notes in my phone as lists of symptoms to report to my doctor at my various appointments when I first started having symptoms and thought I was dying! I’d make an appointment, be sure to note all my symptoms and then by the time I got to the appt a few weeks later, they’d be gone! So I finally learned to still write them down but not make an appointment for a bit and sure enough..symptoms subsided! So try not to panic but keep  note of  symptoms,  and if any stick around for a few months bring it up, but it’s honestly never happened! It’s like the circus train of symptoms, all on rotation..for example, now I feel physically ok, but emotionally want to cry every day! And the few weeks before this, I had achy joints, back pain, then before that, stomach upset, cramps in legs, headaches..never ends! Please reach out if necessary and know we are here to listen!! Take care!!😊

• Posted

You take care too, Amy. It hasn’t been fun for me so far. For a few months now I’ve had to sit on a heating pad because of lower back/SI pain. It gets significantly worse when my cycle comes - feels very hormonal. I’m seeing my doctor next week and hope I can get a scan...might be fibroids
  • Posted

Hi Owlgirl, I've never heard of a menopause app and I wouldnt think it would work too well as each woman is so radically different both in what her normal levels are and in what symptoms she gets in peri or full meno and how severe they are. I would be shocked if anyone has created an app for this that actually works! XXX

• Posted

Hello there I have been using a period tracker for years and there is a area on the calendar where you can right things I still get a period unfortunately lol but anytime I have issues I try and to remember to write it there lol my memory is horrible but it helps to look back 
  • Edited

Found one! It’s called Period Tracker and it includes all types of symptoms, plus you can add your own. 

Period Tracker - Journal by Sevenlogics, Inc.

• Posted

Sounds like the one I have it has flower on the app even tho my periods are regular at the moment this helped me track when my periods go wacko and also I would write things down it works great for me hope you like it I have used it since 2011 and that’s when my peri started very subtle I had two periods late that year and slight symptoms now they are full blown I just wish my period would go I get bad cramps so it’s a nightmare 
    • Posted

That’s the one! :-) I know that women have been going through this forever, but really, why us?! What I would give for some smooth sailing for the rest of my life. It’s hard not to get health anxiety when some of these symptoms are debilitating. I hope we all get through this sooner than later. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.