Appt to see the surgeon

Posted , 2 users are following.

For want of sounding like Victor Meldrew, I don't believe it!!

Just rang the hospital as I haven't had my 6 month appt to see the surgeon and they don't have any appts with him until October!!! I am on a waiting list for an appt!!

You can guarantee I will be ringing the hospital contact centre weekly until I get an earlier appt

I wouldn't mind but I should've been sent appt after the December one!

Blooming good isn't it!! I want to get the other knee done ASAP.

Marilyn

XX

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ha ha Marilyn...had the same experience on Tuesday. I had my TKR left leg inMarch  2016, saw my consultant at 8 weeks and he told me he would see me at 1 year. I rang on Tuesday to be told he is 2-3 months behind with his review appointments!! and hopefully be seen by August. Worst of it is, is my right knee is getting progressively worse and he has to check it. Dont think I can wait till Aug let alone go on a witing list for tkr after that!!! NHS...Brilliant!!!
    • Posted

Oh yeah Sue, same here! What do we do now. The lady at the contact centre said she would make a note that I was asking, so I thought I would bother them at regular intervals. Also see my GP with left leg to see if she can do anything!!

I expect you feel as I do totally helpless!!

Take care

Marilyn

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.