Aquablation 3 months after.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Starting a new thread on my Aquablation that was performed on October 27, 2022.

Reread my previous messages and ask new question here to make it than posting questions to all the older messages.

Very pleased with my outcome. Last night not one trip to bathroom. 7am, bladder empty completely and painless.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

can you post a short summary? For example, what you were experiencing the first 2-3 days.

1 week - how much improvement?

2 weeks - peeing okay? pain or burning?

3-4 weeks - how close to normal did you feel?

and, at what point did you say YES! This really worked?

• Edited

First two days were actually back into a differt hospital because the afternoon i was discharged i developed a 102 temp and then went to an ER, though not a UTI.

While in ER in one of the rooms waiting to be admitted and waiting to get recatherized , the bladder decided to start me peeing.

That void and then about 5 times more in the same room voiding every ten minutes and it was very painful and soaking the bed.

Then admittedto a private room with the foley that was going to collect all the 2 days of flushing.

No pain with the flushing but very painful with each pee time. Doctor said it was bladder spasms and prescibed some meds which kind of worked.

Released on the third day after flush was clear of blood as well as urine.

Day 4 I was somewhat incontinent so wore Depends briefs for 3 more days at which time i was able to control when and where to pee. Pain and tenderness of penis getting better.

Next everything getting to somewhat normal, just where the Depend at night. Getting up at night about twice. This lasted another week. Depends not needed after week 2.

Week 3 still a little discomfort at tip of penis and urinine came out like a splatter not a real straight stream, but only the extra cleaning was a bother.

2 months from the procedure I went to Europe for 3 weeks with frequency or urgency issues at all. Only one night time visit to the hotel bathrooms. This week no visit to pee at night.

I think this procedure was a total success considering I was in total retention without the catherter for 2 months before the Aquablation.

• Posted

sounds like a tough first two weeks, but things got better pretty quickly after that. Really nice that at the two month mark you were doing so well. Thanks for the update. Helps anyone considering the procedure.

Best to have a realistic view of how recovery affects most guys, instead of only hearing the easy, best case stories. We all hope for an easy recovery where we feel great a week later, but that just isn't the case for many.

• Posted

At least w months later.

My recovery was helped a whole lot because I developed a 102 fever hours after being discharged and then went to avdifferent ER hospital for three more days being flushed out .....and being really well cared for by the staff and the excellent food. (gained 3 pounds).

They never did figure out the 102 temp which lasted only a few hours.

Being in a brand new hospital in private room with a caring staff helped fmy disposition, even with the utterly painful urination experiences.

No guy should allow to be duscharged the next day.

Insurance companies suck big time.

My bill , even though Medicare and my Blue Cross supplement paid was $88,000.00....Crazy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.