Aquablation - 7 Weeks Later - Does it Get Better?

Posted , 15 users are following.

I am 56 and had Aquablation on Aug 18. I did some earlier posts stating that I was happy about how the procedure went but I feel like over the last 3 weeks or so things have really plateaued and gone back a bit.

The clearest benefit of the surgery is that my bladder holds much more and I don't have to strategize my daily activities around bathroom locations. The problem is, once I have to go, I REALLY have to go, even worse than pre-surgery. There is maybe a 5 minute gap between feeling the need to go and wetting my pants and I've had some unfortunate incidents on the way to work.

Stream: The good news is that I don't have any super slow and thin streams like before surgery. On day 4 after the surgery I did pee like a racehorse but it seems to have slowly but steadily gone backwards since then. It now seems to be on the high end of what it was pre-surgery.

I met with the nurse practitioner 2 weeks ago today who advised patience and said my prostate still looked like it had a really bad sunburn and was still recovering. In fact, at least until last week I was peeing out noticeable chunks.

So, I would say a mixed result from surgery. Not horrible but not as good as I hoped. Question to people who have been through this: I am almost seven weeks post-surgery, is it likely to get better?

3 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

UPDATE - I recently had a cystoscopy and I do have scar tissue or "defects" as a result of the Aquablation procedure. The doctor found both an "obstructing web" of tissue and a "false passage." He was able to address them in part during the cystoscopy. But if I want to get the full benefit of Aquablation, I likely will need another general anesthesia procedure, with an overnight stay and a catheter for 2-3 days.

Anyway, it's now almost 8 months since I had Aquablation. Most guys on here ask about either sexual side effects or the immediate aftermath of the operation. But I would advise you to consider that you could have a medium term problem with scar tissue like I am having.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear this. Thanks for posting an update. I hope what the doctor did during the cystoscopy will give you some relief.

• Posted

Hey buddy

This is the first time I have heard anything like this from A Aquablation procedure. I can see the scare tissue but the false passage had to be from the doctor putting the devise in for the procedure. He never told you that before????.

How are your side effects. I hope you at least still are able to. Or is that causes you to be blocked to.

So sorry for that. Ken

• Posted

Hi Micheal,

I just found your thread and hope you are feeling better. Do you have any recent updates?

larry

• Posted

Hi, sorry for the delay. I'm not checking the site as much these days.

I did get some slight improvement from the cystoscopy procedure. In terms of stream I would say it is pretty good, but not great. It is definitely much better than before the procedure though.

I'm 13 months out from the procedure. Overall I am happy that I had it done even if the result was less than perfect. I can go anywhere I want now without worrying because I can hold my pee for hours if I need to. And depending on how much water I have in the evening, I get up 0 or 1 time during the night to use the toilet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.