Aquablation - after surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had Aquablation surgery and it all went well (September 2023). No longer wake up at night, much better flow, no bed-wetting. So, the root cause of why I had it done was solved. (I'm 66 years old).

One impact to be aware of and I am not sure if there is a cure, but, since the operation, I can get an orgasm, but, I have no ejaculate. Prior to the surgery for about 5 months I was on Proscar and Floxmax to see if this would solve the problem, but, it didn't. I was made aware that this would cause me to get no ejaculate.

So, decided to do the Aquablation surgery in September 2023. Unfortunately, although it caused the root problem to be solved, my side effect was lack of ejaculate during orgasm.

I am not sure if anyone had any experience and knows if this is a temporary or if anything that can be done to solve this lack of ejaculate. My nurse wasn't too clear, but, said that this impacts about 10% of people having this surgery (I didn't realize this before the surgery).

Although it does not impact my physical wellbeing, I would like to get this function back, if I can.

Thank you for any advice or experience.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Also had Aquablation September 2023, but had some complications associated with bladder stones.

The few relations that I've had so far have been much reduced ejaculate-wise. At 68, it's not a big deal, but it would be nice to get back to normal. I was told the RE rate was about 6% for Aquablation - after I had it done. I don't think this would have altered my decision if I had known ahead of time.

Hope we improve with time.

Bill

• Posted

James, I just had aquablation done on 1/16/24. See my other post. I know that prolonged use of Tamsulosin/Flomax definitely results in lower semen output, as I was on it for over two years, but your 5 months doesn't seem like very long. Semen ouput I believe also decreases with age after 45. I am 53 and gave up Tamsulosin after aquablation. I hope my semen volume increases but who really knows. If your problem is not semen production but ejaculation, then my understanding is Aquablation should not cause retrograde ejacualation (rarely does this), but Flowmax/Tamsulosin definitely can cause retrograde ejaculation in most men. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.