Aquablation therapy for symptomatic benign prostatic .H

Posted , 12 users are following.

Has anyone had ACQUABLATION?? therapy???

If so, please pm me as soon as you can..... I want to know how it was and would you do it again??

THANKS< friends........

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

didnt and had pae. worked great! had a friend who had it and very painful and led to lots of issues

• Posted

There are threads about aquablation in this forum not sure where try searching for them.

• Posted

John,

I haven't seen one post on here about anyone having Aquablation done yet. I am wondering about results myself.

• Posted

I had a pretty detailed discussion with my Uro about aquablation. He said that its a lot quicker and less messy surgically than TURP - but the recovery is as long or longer. He said that there is a lot of bleeding and it can last for months.

Depending on your circumstances, I'd try Rezum, PAE or Urolift first. They are much less invasive, have much shorter recovery times and usually work well - as long as the procedure is matched with the case.

Rezum works on most men as long as the prostate (not bladder) is the main issue. PAE and Urolift work well too, but not on men with enlarged median lobes.

• Posted

I had the Rezum it didn't work?? I wanted the Uriolift but after ciso he said my medium lob has grown into my bladder and prostrate. So he suggested this type of surgery. I'm still on the fence about it???

Thanks,

Leon

• Posted

My Uro just recommended Aquablation to me, he says Dr Desai from USC is the man to do it. I don't know what to do!

• Posted

I had this 5 days ago. Wait and see how it goes

• Posted

PLEASE keep me updated as how you are doing???

I'm scheduled to have it May 23,

When you are better please private message me as I would like to speak to you!!!

Thanks Leon

• Posted

you you had aquablation? how did it go? how are things now?

• Posted

I too am strongly considering Aquablation, as this heat-free, water-jet procedure which is robotically controlled is apparently as effective as a TURP but with little to no adverse side effects. Has anyone had Aquablation so we can hear the good, bad and ugly? Feedback would be much appreciated (I private messaged several folks that mentioned having Aquablation here but no one has replied, not sure if that's a bad sign)? Thanks and stay safe! Steve

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.