Aquacell ribbon was left in my open cavity surgical repair

Posted , 1 user is following.

i a hernia op repair done at the end of June at the QE hospital in glasgow. Upon leavinga nurse packed it as they has fine done the repair with aquacell ribbin dressing inside and out, this was then not found by the district nurse as the thehospitsl nurse didn't leave an and out of the round to retrieve it later. since then i have been been back to hospitals twice asking to try and locate it in the cavity. the surgeon at the QE actually said it must have disappeared! Or disintergrated. it’s supposed to come out after 14 days. he said that after 3 days! i watched it being stuffed in and out has never yet been pulled out. Back at the QE again now too hopefully find some one who will listen and check properly. can any one shed some factual light on the chance’s off this dressing style just disintergrating at all if left in especially that early and also what damage could get done with it bring left in.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.