Aqueous cream vs Epaderm ointment

Posted , 8 users are following.

Which is best for washing down below, for those with LS? 

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joan, I have been using Epaderm on GP's recommendation for about 3 years now. I find it soothing and moisturizing. Never tried Aqueous cream, but isn't that pretty much the same thing? - Sarb.

• Posted

They do look very similar, and I've seen both recommended for LS. Aqueous cream contains sodium lauryl sulfate, which surprised me as I know this can be an irritant, so wondered if Epaderm was 'better'...

• Posted

Also, does anyone use a natural alternative to Aqueous/Epaderm? They are both paraffin based, and I'm just not 100% comfortable with using that on my body.

• Posted

My Vulva gyni has recently recommended Q.V.  Gentle wash.  
  • Posted

Vana cream soap is great, it's found on the shelves of most drug stores with the better creams and cleansers and it's inexpensive 

• Posted

I just use Ivory soap and after showering spray with the Borax solution while drying off.  Most important, I think, is to have a hand held shower head.  I use the Clob when needed.  Good luck.
    • Posted

I am glad that you posted about using ivory soap. I was diagnosed with L.S. yesterday. I was in such a state of shock that I didn't even ask about cleansing after I was prescribed the Clob. I have to use that every night for 4 weeks, every other night for 4 weeks and the twice a week. I have a follow-up in 3 months. Maybe I will try the borax. At this point my main issues are minor itching and loss of pigmentation in the lower vulva and around the anus. Maybe the cream help the disease from getting worse. I'm still recovering from the biopsy. I guess I should take care not to get any of the Club on that wound.

• Posted

I don't wash with anything "down below".  Once I found out that the vagina was self cleaning I decided to leave it alone.  I do swab with the borax every day.

• Posted

I use Epaderm, and have found it easily the best thing to clean with. It was recommended to me by a chronic eczema sufferer who had tried everything possible on the market. Everything else natural, but this as a cleaner in the shower. Only on the outside, yet the vagina is self cleaning, but the outside bits aren't.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.