ARAVA

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on a 10 mg dose for 2 weeks. I noticed immediate improvement in swelling and pain, but extremely fatigued and depressed and I thought back pain. Went off of it and went into back spasm. Anyone any experience on this drug?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deena - i am also on Arava and find it works great for my pain and swelling. I didn't have the same issues as you but I have had unrelenting diarrhea since I began taking it a few months ago. There is such a fine line between feeling less pain and dealing with the side effects of this med. I have researched the med extensively and many people find that the side effects can last up to six months! I have decided to just stick with it until my next appointment and just manage the bathroom issues as best I can. Best of luck to you!

• Posted

Hi and thanks for answering! how many milligrams are you taking. funny thing is when i stopped the drug my back went biserk (i have problems with l4 and l5_) and yes, this drug stays in your system for a very very long time. Let me know how it goes, i am seeing a new ra doc tomorrow interested to see what he suggests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.