Arch Pain 3 weeks post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!

I am on day 19 post op from bunion surgery with K wire in first met. When the original surgical pin subsided on day 4 I thought it would just continue to improve however a few days after having the stitches removed my arch has started aching on and off throughout the day. I have bumped it several times with and without the bandages, I hope it is not related/bones shifted.

Does anyone have similar experience? Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Followng Bunion surgery one gets odd unprecedented aches and pains seemingly from out of nowhere. It is probably your foot getting used to the changes that have been made, It is highly unlikely in my view that a couple of bumps would have done any serious damage or shifted bones in any way. Keep your foot up as much as possible and try to be patient. This is a long game.

• Posted

I had no arch pain until I was out of the post surgical shoes and wearing walking sandals. My physio has said that it's because of the non weight bearing period when feet are not used properly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.