Arch Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm four weeks out from having my 2nd, 3rd and 4th me tarsals pinned and screwed back into place. I keep having this pain underneath my arch. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm desperate to find out what's going on!

What a Pain

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I hope you are not putting any weight-bearing pressure @ 4 wks post surgery. I am 10 wks post surgery from mid-foot fusion for 1st and 2nd metatarsals with pins and plates. I started putting weight bearing 2 wks ago with only non-flexible soles. I have never had any pain, I am very fortunate. I would be absolutely concerned about any arch pain that is new. I suggest you go to your Orthopedic surgeon and he'll do an xray to see what's going on. Good Luck and don't wait! Mary

• Posted

Thanks Mary! I haven't been putting any weight on my foot. My doc told me I would be NWB for 3-6 months. Ugh! I have an appointment on Tuesday of this week. It's been bothering me for at least a week. I've called them but they don't seem to be too concerned. Hopefully I will get my pins out and lose the cast on Tuesday. Did they put you in another cast? Thanks again for commenting.

What a Pain

• Posted

Hi hopefully Not in pain very long,

I was never in a cast, 2 splints and my clod-hopper boot. I have not and he won't be removing my screws or plates now or in the future unless I'm having a problem. I'm guessing you are removing yours due to the pain? If so, I hope it alleviates the pain. Make it a great week ! Mary

• Posted

Mary,

Lucky you no cast!😀 He's removing my pins because they are sticking out of my foot but they will stay in for four more weeks if the bones haven't healed enough. The screw will stay. Hope you have a great week also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.