are all these progressive symptoms just part of fibro

Posted , 7 users are following.

I need advice before i see my GP yet again. i will try to keep this as breif as possible. 2 years ago i was diagnosed with fibro but can honestly say my symptoms were nothing compared to what i am suffering now. 18 mths ago i had what was belived to be a 3 wk virus since then things have got realy bad more so over the last 5 mths. i have been very ill and in scale 10 pain every day for 5mths my doctors have done so many blood test and scans/test no one has found a reason yet. my symptoms are- headaches and migrains affecting vision,balance problems,facial pain,nerve pain-numb,tingling,stinging(arms,hands,legs,feet,neck and shoulders,sinusitus,jaw and dental pain,painfull eyes,fullness in ears and tinitus,gastric problems,difficulty swallowing(lost 15kg weight now under weight and mallnurished),rapid heart beats,low blood pressure,reocurring oral thrush,sore tonge,mouth ulsers,feel weak but not tiered,pains move around body only recently joint pain in fingers mainly muscle pain including spasms and twithing,constant mucus clearing from throat,glands in neck,breast,armpit and groin areas swell,pains in ribs shoulder blade area. i could proberbly add more its been a horrible time dealing with all this its ruined my life and is getting worse each month. my doctors are sick of seeing me and dont seem to have any answers or be able to help me. please could anyone give me advice and point me in the right direction to get help. im sure this is more than fibro alone as its constant and progressive thankyou

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

High sed rate and exacerbation following viral illness suggests autoimmunity triggered by infection. That with the rapid heart beat and low blood pressure points towards adrenal dysfunction, which can sometimes occur following infections if your immune system begins to attack your adrenal glands and reduce cortisol production. Joint pain, muscle pain, fatigue, headaches, dizziness, and weakness are also symptoms that may be experienced.

Do you happen to feel remarkably less symptomatic at certain times of the day, particularly late at night or early in the morning? If so, this is a good sign that adrenal insufficiency is the cause of symptoms because cortisol levels are highest in the early hours, reducing symptoms during this time.

Another possibility is thyroiditis. This can arise after a viral infection, resulting in excessive release of thyroid hormone over a period of days to weeks, followed by a period of hypothyroidism for many weeks to months before eventually returning to normal. It is also possible to experience forms of thyroiditis or graves disease triggered by a virus that become a lifelong condition or persist for many years before going into remission. Any of these thyroid conditions can cause practically all of your symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.