Are cold showers more beneficial than hot showers in terms of muscle recovery ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently read a article sharing information about the benefits of cold showers.

Is having cold showers really beneficial, and can it affect health?

I am excercising constantly and the cold water allows muscle recovery much more faster than hot or warm water.

Should I continue to take cold showers or is this overthinking...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Wow, I think you must be extremely brave LOL I have no idea if this is a physically good idea but I will go look it up and consider your choices and I will be back
  • Posted

OK I have read that after a workout a cold shower could be beneficial, but are you just working out and haven't just had surgery or anything like it.

• Posted

whatever floats your boat...cold shower is more beneficial to hair health and skin health because cold water does not wash away the oils.

Warm muscles are easier to stretch and exercise....warm up and cool down

• Posted

It could be beneficial or not. It is based on the time of injury.

At the time of injury, cold shower or ice massage will reduce inflammatory reaction, which help recovery.

However, after a while, few days after the injury, warm shower or warm massage is more beneficial. Because it help to wash out inflammatory material from the site of injury.

If you are just having muscle pain from regular exercise, it can be benefical to have a cold shower just after the exercise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.